The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intermittent Rear Brake LED's

Fitz

Recently, I have noticed that every now and then 4 LED's from the rear brake light bar intermittently stop working.

Usually before I start driving they will all work but after a few minutes of driving or so they will stop working.

Is this a common thing and/or simple to fix like a loose wire. Or does the LED stripp need replacing.

Cheers in advance! :thumbs:

Cliff

The more important question here, is how do you know they're not working when you're sitting in the car driving it :shock:

----------------------

To be more contructive though, yes, you'll need a new LED strip. I'd get one from a breakers.

Or, you could do what I saw another supra owner do at a meet, and disconnect the ones that are working intermitantly, and mirror the pattern on the other side of the strip, so you have a strip with even gapped working LED's. I thought it looked quite smart, when I spoke to him about it, he said he did it because some of them were not working, so he bodged it to at least make it look good. :D

The more important question here, is how do you know they're not working when you're sitting in the car driving it :shock:

----------------------

To be more contructive though, yes, you'll need a new LED strip. I'd get one from a breakers.

Or, you could do what I saw another supra owner do at a meet, and disconnect the ones that are working intermitantly, and mirror the pattern on the other side of the strip, so you have a strip with even gapped working LED's. I thought it looked quite smart, when I spoke to him about it, he said he did it because some of them were not working, so he bodged it to at least make it look good. :D

Or if you know what your doing, and have the parts - you can repair them :D

Lol, I had a friend of mine, Nash (horny_devil) drive behind me for a bit and he told me after :D

I think as your car is off the road still, you should give me yours :eyebrows:

Thanks Dan. Will try and hunt one down.

Or if you know what your doing, and have the parts - you can repair them :D

What's that heckler, you have the parts and you know what you're doing so you can repair them for me :sly:

What a nice guy :D

Just Kiddin'

Out of interest, while you're here Heckler. How hard would it be to modify the rear LED strip, so that when you apply the brake, the LED strip progressivly lights up from the center, then when you release the brake, the strip progressively scrolls back to the center until they're all off?

Out of interest, while you're here Heckler. How hard would it be to modify the rear LED strip, so that when you apply the brake, the LED strip progressivly lights up from the center, then when you release the brake, the strip progressively scrolls back to the center until they're all off?

bit of electrickery - fairly easy... :D

give me two weeks, as I'm away with work, for the er.. next two weeks!

Take your time. No rush.

Are you planning on attending any meets this year Heckler? As I'd love to see your car in the 'flesh', so to speak.

Guest horny_devil

----------------------

becaus i was driving behind him! :p