The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FMIC Discussion/Views/Opinion's????

Geo

Right, as my car is bits just now due to respray, iv had time to buy parts fit parts, and look all over the car for duff or worn parts etc. So looks like my FMIC is pretty gubbed. As im going Precison Billet T67 soon, i wanted to see different opinion's about FMIC. So i can have the best possible cooling for the car. Now i know what people say about you get what you pay for.

So opinion's/views on different FMIC's people are running, and cost, whether it be Single/BPU/Stock etc.

Cheers

I have just fitted a FMIC and I have issues with overheating, so I have to spend this weekend putting some ducting around the intercooler to get more air into the radiator. If anyone else has had this problem I would appreciate if they could put up pictures of how they have ducted everything.

Jason

I have just fitted a FMIC and I have issues with overheating, so I have to spend this weekend putting some ducting around the intercooler to get more air into the radiator. If anyone else has had this problem I would appreciate if they could put up pictures of how they have ducted everything.

Jason

what type did you gor for dude?? And have you got an uprated Rad, iv got a Koyo going in soon. :D

I have a Greddy 4 Row FMIC, to be honest its pretty cool excuse the pun :)

No issues, running standard turbos @ 1 BAR, Temp is on Avg is around 70 degrees (Cold Days) -80 degrees(warmer days) mark

It does the trick and if I was going single the FMIC is there, looks the part too, it is hugh (depth wise)

I bought a cheap intercooler from Ebay. I have a standard radiator and fan, but now I'm not sure if I need to uprate the rad.

Much did you pay dude?? And is there a make??

I have a Greddy 4 Row FMIC, to be honest its pretty cool excuse the pun :)

No issues, running standard turbos @ 1 BAR, Temp is on Avg is around 70 degrees (Cold Days) -80 degrees(warmer days) mark

It does the trick and if I was going single the FMIC is there, looks the part too, it is hugh (depth wise)

Any pics of it dude??? Did you have to mod anything to install it?? And where did you get it from and cost of it??

It only cost £200, I think it's Toyosports if I remember rightly, I bought it because other members have bought the same intercooler and have had no problems with it.

Jason

Having a look at it now bud, its good upto 600bhp or so it says??

Any other views guys??

If I had to do it again I'd go for a Blitz LM one, or ARC. Luckily mine still works well.

I have an uprated radiator as well though. It's important to make sure the rad is getting the cooling it needs if you're sticking a huge FMIC in front of it.

If I had to do it again I'd go for a Blitz LM one, or ARC. Luckily mine still works well.

I have an uprated radiator as well though. It's important to make sure the rad is getting the cooling it needs if you're sticking a huge FMIC in front of it.

What you running just now Gaz FMIC wise??? Yeah iv got a Koyo Rad sitting waiting to go in. :D

It only cost £200, I think it's Toyosports if I remember rightly, I bought it because other members have bought the same intercooler and have had no problems with it.

Jason

I have recently purchased and fitted one of these toyo sport FMIC from ebay. Cost the same £200. To be honest I think it was a bit of a bargain. The polished pipes are made from auminium and weigh very little. The silicone connects seem good and it comes with micalor type clamps. I had no problems during fitting, except from having to fabricate my own brackets which isnt a big deal and everything went together very well. I have had no problems with overheating and I hav not ducted the intercooler to the rad yet either.

I have recently purchased and fitted one of these toyo sport FMIC from ebay. Cost the same £200. To be honest I think it was a bit of a bargain. The polished pipes are made from auminium and weigh very little. The silicone connects seem good and it comes with micalor type clamps. I had no problems during fitting, except from having to fabricate my own brackets which isnt a big deal and everything went together very well. I have had no problems with overheating and I hav not ducted the intercooler to the rad yet either.

Sounds like a good FMIC then dude, have you done any hard driving with the car since installed, and did you notice if temps went up or not??

Ive got a blitz lm and my intake temps are not the best tbh, im going to duct it soon and if its no better ill get a big greddy.

Thats cos you drive at WARP speed everywhere, :p

Greddy 4 Row, probably overkill but I was after the coolest intake temps possible, a 3 Row would probably suffice. What ever you get, get it ducted.

Yeah im looking at stuff at FMIC just now, just trying to decide what i want. It wont be used for track just the ocassional Kill now and again. :D