The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra.. The quickest Jap car????

dexmr2

The r34 is considerably more expensive than a supra, so I'd say that's out of the question. An NSX, albeit a fine piece of technology, it's still more expensive to buy, and not as easy to live with everyday, I'd even go as far to say that a BPU supra will beat an NSX.

Bang for your buck, the supra is a serious player. However, the MR2 turbo post revision 3 models can be had for peanuts, and these cars are seriously underated. I've owned one, and been up against them in a supra, they never cease to amaze me at the speeds they can achieve. After 100 MPH the supra will walk all over it, under that speed though, the MR2 is quite a weapon.

'Quickest' is too vague a term, it could mean 0-60, 50-70, 100+ straght line; lap of a typical track, cornering abilty, braking performance, etc, etc.

Some will be 'quickest' in some areas, but fail badly in others. You just need to define what is more important to you.

On a bang for buck and something that does all areas well, IMO the MR2 turbo is one of the best value for money Jap cars out there.

Guest Infernal

mitsi 3000gt/GTO permanent 4wd 3.0 twin tubby - not much will beat it off the line

honda nsx is 3 litre twin turbo vtec but can be tuned a hell of a lot, but can fetch up to 20k for a nice one :)

mitsi 3000gt/GTO permanent 4wd 3.0 twin tubby - not much will beat it off the line

honda nsx is 3 litre twin turbo vtec but can be tuned a hell of a lot, but can fetch up to 20k for a nice one :)

Since when has the NSX been a twin turbo?

Working as what?

Quickest at what?

Too vague, pointless thread, 4/10 for effort.

Perfect post!

Depends the application very much for being quickest. Going from experience... I'd say an S2000 is pretty quick and nimble on a backroad, Evo V is pretty nuts on backroads especially for keeping at it in the wet, Supras pull hard and are very strong when not ultra twisty.

It goes on and on. :)

and isnt even that quick off the line as it weighs more than the QEII and looses most of its power through its 4wd system.

I know, I hate this car with sooo much passion you wouldn't believe! :D I get a shiver everytime I think of one,

Guest Infernal
NSX isnt a twin turbo Infernal.

Lots of things can beat GTOs off the line and they break a lot too.

Since when has the NSX been a twin turbo?

sorry, whoops, thought it was! my bad.. need to go read up again :innocent: