The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a pain!!

Kearney

As above.... gave my car to my mate yesterday to put in a show stand in cork today. Got the car back and I could get this strange smell.... Realised the windows were really foggy and I couldn't get them to demist with the heating on, I got suspicous and realised the car was revving slightly higher too just bang on 1000rpm. Turned the car off and turned it back on and heard water moving around the internal rad. Shook my head as I knew what was wrong, looked at the passenger footwell and pulled up the mat to be greeted by a lovely puddle of coolant... The internal rad has perished. Just my luck :(

Are these expensive to buy and how hard to fit??? :(

If the heater matrix is gone it's not good news: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=33274&highlight=matrix

Jezz posted a very good DIY giude a while back, but the picture is still pretty much the same. Pretty much everything comes out.

I think this might be the thread your on about

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=127044

can't believe it, where abouts can you get these? A cheapish one?

After going through all that trouble I'd personally just bite the bullet and stick a new one in there. There are some companies which can offer a re-core service which will save some pennies (depends if you want to keep it past a few years). Ticky-Ricky has posted some good links to those, I don't have them saved, sorry.

After going through all that trouble I'd personally just bite the bullet and stick a new one in there. There are some companies which can offer a re-core service which will save some pennies (depends if you want to keep it past a few years). Ticky-Ricky has posted some good links to those, I don't have them saved, sorry.

I know what you mean yeah your probaly right on that one, not to worry its not the end of the world. I'll try get one out of a motorfactors or something. I work in halfords :rolleyes: and I am nearly 99.9% sure we can order heater matrix's. It needs to be done, meet this weekend coming and suprapod 2 weeks afterwards. :(