The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front end sliding, now i know why!

JamieP

At the recent Llandow club day i was getting zero grip from the front end, i blamed it on my tyres going off but with a big thanks to LeeP he spotted the reason.

Oil cooler has split open at the top and splashing oil on my front passenger tyre:( need to order a new one first thing in the morning so i can make the Ace cafe meet wensday.

Lucky escape, could have lost the engine:)

At the recent Llandow club day i was getting zero grip from the front end, i blamed it on my tyres going off but with a big thanks to LeeP he spotted the reason.

Oil cooler has split open at the top and splashing oil on my front passenger tyre:( need to order a new one first thing in the morning so i can make the Ace cafe meet wensday.

Lucky escape, could have lost the engine:)

Just wish I had noticed it sooner but at least it will be sorted for suprapod. :)

Are you having issues with the clutch Jamie?

Im getting a slight grinding noise when i first pull away, its worse in reverse, i gave it a lot of abuse at Llandow and i think ive either broke the clutch or the diff, im going to jack it up and spin the wheels later and try and find where its coming from.

Out of interest J, does the split appear to be caused debris? Is it meshed at all?

Fingers crossed you can get one in time for Ace.

Its split at the top around the nut that the oil return connects to.

Im going to order a new one soon as i get out of this speed awareness course, im sat outside the comfort hotel in reading waiting for it to start:(

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Spoke to driftworks and they are sending me out a new oil cooler, just for now ive joined the pipes together with a -12 male iron so i can make ace cafe.:)

Speed awareness course was ok to tell the truth, had a bit of a laugh there.

Glad you'll make it to Ace Cafe Jamie, am looking forward to meeting you and looking at your Supe!

:thumbs:

Its looking a bit sorry for itself at the min, ive gutted the interior ready for Suprapod, hope to get the roll cage back from the powder coaters in time so it will look a bit more purposeful in there.