The mkiv Supra Owners Club

gutted gutted gutted!!!!

Guest daz 6576

Guest daz 6576

my head gasket has gone bang. i was driving along after fixing my boost problem. got it all sorted and was enjoying the single turbo experience when the coolant pipe blew off from the bottom of the rad. it lost all the water and i stopped driving within 100 meters and pulled up in a layby. head gasket bang

cheers

all the money it costs aswell to own something special

gutted

Guest daz 6576

exhaust is smoking with what it looks like condensation coming out. plus the oil is milky and the water temp high and it hardly runs at all after limping it home for a mile

head gasket symptoms to me

I have heard of the supra running out of water and not doing a head gasket so I would suggest that it is worth checking what else may be a problem before going straight for the head gasket.

I was thinking that aswell, when my rad cap went my temperatures went through the roof and I drove for about another 200m (until I could pull over) and the headgasket was fine, so it sounds like there may be another issue at hand.

I have heard of the supra running out of water and not doing a head gasket so I would suggest that it is worth checking what else may be a problem before going straight for the head gasket.

i thought the same but it turned out the block was cracked the head gasket was fine :( hope yours is ok

after owning 2 mkiii supra's this is a pain i am used to. sorry to hear dude.. but just go mhg and arp's make it better faster stronger.. technologic... haha..

but nah honestly i went with the HKS metal headgasket and the ARP bolts and never looked back. well worth the money :)