• Pirelli P6
    • Pirelli PZero Nero
    • Toyo T1-R
    • GoodYear Eage F1
    • Michelin Pilot sport
    • Continental Sport Contact 3
    • Pirelli PZero Rosso
    • Toyo R888

Just totally out of interest i though i'd do a poll on what Front tyres everyone would pick to use. Not what their dream choice or what they would love to have but what they probably would normally go for if it came time to replace.

The tyres are based on 235/40/18 size, i appricate that this may be pedantic but everyone has a general idea of what they'd normally go for, or would want on those sized wheels.

The options are in a rough price order, but dont let this influence the decision... thanks.

I've throurghly enjoyed using up a set of Pirelli PZero Rossos on the front my my Supra - they squeel 3~4mph before letting go, and when they do let go it's a gradual drop-off before you'd find yourself in a ditch. So they have been brilliant for me to elarn the car and how to drive it at its limits. I am now getting a 2nd set of rims for track tyres. :eyebrows:

I've had FK452's on the front for a while - not that impressed to be honest. Went 'off' quite quick on the track and tramline noticeably more than the old Eagle F1's (sadly now discontinued). Might try the asymetrics on the front as well next time but the Falkens are wearing quite well I suppose, still loads of tread after 8K miles.

Probably cost at the time of purchase, also some people are very particular about whats on the rears but not as fussy with the fronts lol.

Ah right makes sense. I guess in an ideal world you would have the same on the front as what ever you have picked on the back, seeing as you would expect the rear tyres to be good.

why would you want to buy 2 different brands of tyres 1 for back, 1 for front?

Judging by the poll's it looks like people do, if the same people have voted.

I do, not by choice but it was that way when i bought it. It's mainly the cost i'd think, and which they'd consider more important or wether the rears are of equal importance to the fronts.... i think lol. If anyone else knows another reason why people have chosen different it'd be a valued bit of info.

i have BFGoodrich up front and AVONS on the back, i cant complain both set of tyres do there job and keep me on the road (ive done some crazy corners speeds and my tyres havent once screached or showen me signs they are gona let go) i got the BFs on the front thinking when i replace the rear ill get the same ones but bf dont do 255/40/17 so that ruled them out and i ended up with AVONS

anything is better than nankang lol thats commiting suicide on a supra