The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Price's whats the deal??

Guest Dr@c

Hi all just got a bit of a query really, im on the look out for a Supra at the moment, but i was wondering why is there such a difference in prices for one??

Basically ive looked at what feels like hundreds on the internet so far and the prices vary so much, you will have 2 cars vertually identical same reg date etc maybe a slight difference in milage but on is like £4000 and the other £9000-£13,000 whats with that? im not going to pretend i know much about these cars as of yet but i know i want one but i want to get the right one, im looking around £4000-£5000 ish.

so whats the difference with all these different prices?

cheers in advance Paul

It's all about condition and mods. A decent Supra is a rare car, so it fetches a premium.

Also, a 6 speed manual gearbox commands a huge price hike because it's just so good.

Single turbo cars are generally more expensive because of the work done to them to get them up to spec. Think way over £10k worth of mods for a decent one.

UK TTs are expensive as well because they have extra kit (have a look at the FAQ section for a detailed run-down)

The cheapest Supra is the NA auto.

Also it's obvious the newer the car, the more expensive (up to a point).

Do you have examples of 2 cars which have a £5k difference?

Edited by Gaz6002
keeping Marc_P happy (see edit history)

A £5000 Supra has the potential to cost you another £4000 to replace and repair old worn out bits and make it look pretty again, chances are the £9000 Supra already has all that done and more.

There are bargains out there though, if you are patient, have the cash in your hand and are willing to travel at short-notice you might get lucky.

Ok cheers for all the responses guys, few things to ponder over for now, i have been to see a couple, and do know a little about them after a bit of research on here, but just couldnt understand what it was that was causing the vast differences in price but now some light has been shed on the issue :D thanks again and ill keep looking and will up the budget i think :D