DaveSupTT

I currently have the following on my car

Front

Kingstar Radial K106 Tyres

235/40R18 95W

Rear

Goodyear Eagle F1

265/35R18 97Y

Im due to replace all 4 tyres and I was wondering what tyres you would recommend me getting.

Im not after the top brand, but I do want good tyres on them, seeing as winter is around the corner.

To be honest, im in two minds as to replace these tyres or replace the wheels as well, and get a second hand pair with tyres.

If I did replace the wheels, what is best, 17" or 18" wheels or is there not much in it, in terms of handling. TBH I have not had a problem driving on 18's, I was just thinking about cost of rubber, and if I down-sized, it would be cheaper next time around.

Ideally I dont want to spend more than £400-£500

What is everyones thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

Edited by DaveSupTT (see edit history)

Well after reading these comments, Iguess I shouldnt replace with Kingstar/wankangs/nankangs or wanlis as i get the impression there a bit un heard off.lol

I was thinking of going for Toyo's but no idea on type. I had toyos on a previous car and the handling was great. Cant recall what they were though.

If I decide to replace the alloys as well, am I okay going for any alloy I like, as long as its got 5 bolts? I got Jspec brakes so clearence should not be an issue as if I had UK

Wankangs :blink: Ive heard of Nankangs and Wanli's but thats a new one to me! ;)

Maybe they are a 2nd cousin once removed or something :D

Precisely :sly:

Well after reading these comments, Iguess I shouldnt replace with Kingstar/wankangs/nankangs or wanlis as i get the impression there a bit un heard off.lol

I was thinking of going for Toyo's but no idea on type. I had toyos on a previous car and the handling was great. Cant recall what they were though.

In answer to the question as your not after the best of the best then i would say there is nothing wrong with the Goodyears you have on there or try Toyo T1R's or Falken FK452's ;)

Precisely :sly:

Cheers for that, and I dont suppose you can answer the other bit :)

"If I decide to replace the alloys as well, am I okay going for any alloy I like, as long as its got 5 bolts? I got Jspec brakes so clearence should not be an issue as if I had UK "

Some people rate the Falken 452's, and some say that they are not to clever. I personally think that they are a good tyre in most situation's, I felt like I had good grip in the wet and the dry, even with a heavy foot. They are also a good price for the performance. I'd buy them again. :)

Cheers for that, and I dont suppose you can answer the other bit :)

"If I decide to replace the alloys as well, am I okay going for any alloy I like, as long as its got 5 bolts? I got Jspec brakes so clearence should not be an issue as if I had UK "

Um...as long as it's got five bolts...?

Well of course you wouldn't want to put 20" rims on even if they had 5 bolts.

Do you know if you want 16s ,17s, 18s or 19s?

I'm just stalling for time here, as I do not know all the actual wheel sizes/dimentions that are available.

another what tyre thread......:blink:

Seriously suggest you do a search and read up on what to look out for when changing alloys.......there is a lot more to consider than the size of the wheel and the amount of bolts.....:search:

And why would you risk your life running crappy tyres, :rolleyes: