The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would you do?

scotty supra

i thought this before i started mine but i dont think buying one will get u the satisfaction/stress :) of planning and doing it your self. plus u know every thing you have in the car!

ive spent 15k so far and thats not with labour yet but im lookin at just over 3k for that!

that was a full engine rebuild but with wiseco forged pistons, a single conversion too. ive gone for a full uk brake set up but not touched body work or suspension, so the point im trying to get across thats nearly 20k with out doing some of the things your concidering!

obviously you dont have to go as far as i did, im sure luis build was considerably cheaper and possibly under the budget of 10k? have to ask him

all depends what your looking for? i wanted to go big with some big target bhp figures so a lot of things have been upgraded. its little things you dont always think about that add up! my gaugues alone have racked up over £1000 pounds!

so u really need to think of the pros and cons. not going to lie it is a bit stressfull but i planned every thing before i committed and planned saving cash and bits to buy ect with extras for when they ring and say o u just need to replace this or change that cuz it does all add up!

hope this helps!

Dont go single mate...unless you have the cash to fix it alot

Thats only the case if the you buy crap parts/ start with a crap car or get somebody that dont know what they are doing bolting it together.

Mine has been faultless, i learned my lesson with the red car, dont cut corners.

Thats only the case if the you buy crap parts/ start with a crap car or get somebody that dont know what they are doing bolting it together.

Mine has been faultless, i learned my lesson with the red car, dont cut corners.

I know jamie but how much money did you have to throw at it?

more than the 10k scott says he has i bet.

I have seen the money Gaz1 and Dan4 had chucked at the singles they drove and it scares me no end!

Scott dont you use yours as a daily driver too?

I know jamie but how much money did you have to throw at it?

more than the 10k scott says he has i bet.

I spent a lot of money on my car on parts you dont necessarily need to go single, 10k will do a good job on the single and related parts, its all about having a good base car imo.

But as i said in my first post from a money point of view id buy the black one Paul has for sale, nice spec and price

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Think I may of seen you about in yours , just the wheels making me think different!

If it was you your supra is very nice indeed ;)

I'd say keep and single it , I love knowing the things i've done to my previous cars have all been done through my personal choice not others, and now my supra's taking shape it wont be long til I can say the same about this! :)

thats just it! people ask you about your car you can feel proud and say what you have done not just the i bought it like it speech!

either way, your talking about buying a great car.

just write down all your expenses to do yours and compare it to what you can buy.

need to check your engine is in good condition for the single, if not posible rebuild? parts and labour costs

then price up different single set ups for what your looking for, again parts and labour. remember the little things like gaugues, coolers, injectors, ecu, ect

see if you can or if you need to upgrade brakes

there is a lot of second hand stuff for sale at the moment so a good budget build is a possibility.

depends on the power your looking for too, that black one is about 600bhp, do you want some thing of that power or go for a smaller set up say a PHR stage 1?

when i was doing research i spent hours looking into members garages and finding a trend in parts that i knew were essential rather than optional to know how far and in depth you want to go

its a hard decision to have to make but either way you will have some thing to put a smile on your face and grip the seat :)