The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nitrous

Pig

I have had a search about for info on Nitrous but couldnt find anything useful on this site.

I would like more power but not sure if a larger turbo is the way to go as the way the car drives is fantastic.

So would anyone be able to offer me advise on a nitrous install.

I need to buy a kit, get it installed and then what? I assume call ryan!

Is it something I can do with a simple kit or would I be better going for a setup like this one?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=169400&highlight=Nitrous

Thanks

Jon

a simple single nozzel wet system will work fine, for a good uk kit have a look at http://www.noswizard.com they have a good forum too with plenty of information on it.

the guy who owns the company can come accross as a bit abrupt but does know his stuff, his systems are currently on the mr2 that just broke the mr2 1/4mile world record and the guy who won ten of the best last year and time attack so i suppose he can back up his claims that his system is the best :)

paul

Nitrous bottles from the US don't have UK specification so gas suppliers much as airproducts wont fill thea as it is illegal. There are small suppliers that will fill them, if you go for a US system get it without bottle and buy a Uk spec bottle.

The reason I have not used my nitrous sytem is that some people in the UK that supply nitrous kits (Wizards of nos) are adament that common rail nitrous will not deliver equal amounts of introus to each injector. They say it will turn from liquid to gas as it passes down the rail and some injectors will get more nitrous then others.

Common rail direct port looks good but does it work? I am trying to get some answers before I use mine. The American systems look fantastic the UK sytems look a bit heath robinson but work well. I would not spend a lot of money without some test results.