The mkiv Supra Owners Club

defi help needed!

L33

i am currently having installed, 3 gauges in the passenger glove box, 1 in the clock space and 2 on my door pillar

the defi link gauges are daisy chained but only come with like 2 inch long link cables, where can i find a long link cable to link the gauges from one side to another?

and i assume the cable that goes from box to gauge is the same cable that goes from gauge to gauge?

cant seem to find any thing on the net?! :(

cheers

i am currently having installed, 3 gauges in the passenger glove box, 1 in the clock space and 2 on my door pillar

the defi link gauges are daisy chained but only come with like 2 inch long link cables, where can i find a long link cable to link the gauges from one side to another?

cant seem to find any thing on the net?! :(

cheers

just cut the cable and extend it...

i dont have it, toyota gt phoned me today and told me to order 2 of these long leads!

im running a engine oil temp, gear box oil temp, egt, boost and oil pressure gauge (and a AFR but thats a different brand so not a problem) i have to buy a second control box because you cant have 2 oil temp gaugues on the one box, so one lead is going to go from this new box to a gauge then the second lead wil link from one gauge to the next but its going to go from middle of car to side

i dont have it, toyota gt phoned me today and told me to order 2 of these long leads!

im running a engine oil temp, gear box oil temp, egt, boost and oil pressure gauge (and a AFR but thats a different brand so not a problem) i have to buy a second control box because you cant have 2 oil temp gaugues on the one box, so one lead is going to go from this new box to a gauge then the second lead wil link from one gauge to the next but its going to go from middle of car to side

if you want I can pop around and get the cable extended for you as I only work around the corner... aircraft grade wire... *cough-cough...*

mate if you could that would be ace, wil incur any costs for your help mate! when do you think you can spk to them so i know if i need to buy stuff or not?

like i said i know i need to buy another box, but not sure if i have to buy any leads if they can be extended?

mate if you could that would be ace, wil incur any costs for your help mate! when do you think you can spk to them so i know if i need to buy stuff or not?

like i said i know i need to buy another box, but not sure if i have to buy any leads if they can be extended?

with the defi stuff, there is only one long lead - from the controller to the first guage, then 6" dasiy-chain. I'll pop in on monday.

o rite ok, well because i have to buy a second box i might need another lead?

there must of been one to power these to start with as i bought them as a whole set, then bought another gauge brand new to that should of had a long lead i could use for the gauge thats going on the second box.

that would be great if you could mate. my car is nearly finished, and thats all thats thats holding it up really. fitting my uk brakes next week and modding the intercooler pipe so should nearly be there.

i will ring them tomo and let them know

if you could let me know the result after u go round and let me know if u want any money

many many thanks!

cheers mate your a star, what you think of it all then? ive been telling people about it for months but very few have actually seen whats going on :)

how much do i owe you by the way?

ran it to a bit of a problem tho, the uk defi stockist have very little supply so if i need a second control box i have to get one from the states which could take a couple of weeks :(

but paul whiffin said i should be able to use the water temp input for the second oil temp one i need this box for as there is only one oil temp input but toyota gt said the gaugue went a little bit spaz so not sure whats goin on :( so close to getting it back as well! :(

cheers mate your a star, what you think of it all then? ive been telling people about it for months but very few have actually seen whats going on :)

how much do i owe you by the way?

ran it to a bit of a problem tho, the uk defi stockist have very little supply so if i need a second control box i have to get one from the states which could take a couple of weeks :(

but paul whiffin said i should be able to use the water temp input for the second oil temp one i need this box for as there is only one oil temp input but toyota gt said the gaugue went a little bit spaz so not sure whats goin on :( so close to getting it back as well! :(

just some beer token if we ever meet ;)

cheers mate thats great!

dont worry i wont forget, will get a few rounds in no doubt!

if i didnt have a pic id forget what my car looks like! feel honered lol!

i've seen you car a few times... shall we say... as mine has been in and out, i've been back to get other parts sorted, and yours has always been there ;)

i did manage to get them at a good price put it that way :sly:

ive got a boost, oil temp, oil pressure, contol box, glove box pod and door pod from a member on here for just over 800 quid! then i got the egt second hand for 150 and i had to buy the second oil temp new at 200. so to only have to buy one new i was quite lucky!

the BL box i got, the torque converter never turned up so i lost out there so had to buy another brand new, so could of mearly of gone manual for what ive paid!!

the only good thing about it being there so long i can keep buying more and more so the spec list has got pretty big

believe you know a girl called nicola? i went to school with her, used to be a swimmer, she said she knew u?