The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra required for magazine photoshoot

Guest Ben Barry

Guest Ben Barry

Hello

I'm organising a photo shoot for CAR Magazine that will feature the best (in our opinion, at least) Japanese cars of the last 20 years. I've managed to get hold of every car on the list, but I'm still having trouble with sourcing a Mk4 Supra TT.

Ideally the car would be as near to standard as possible, but I appreciate that most cars have some kind of mods.

The shoot will take place on Weds July 22nd (sorry for short notice, but I've been trying for a while!) near Peterborough. We will supply a mag, a disc of professionally shot images, plus could cover all petrol costs and give mkivsupra.net a good mention, but we would need the owner to be available from 9am until 5pm (the shoot may be much shorter, but we need to block out these hours just in case) and I would need to gather some driving impressions - but the owner could sit alongside and I wouldn't drive the car hard.

It would be a great to have a Supra - if not Toyota won't appear in the list at all! If you can help, please drop me a line on [email protected]

Thanks

Ben Barry

Road test editor, CAR Magazine

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be nice to have a completely standard UK car included in this to ensure all the best bits get mentioned ;)

Perhaps the one DBR is selling?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=188439

Mine is probably too non-standard now even if I put the OEM wheels back on, the driving impressions would be a lot different to standard.

Ben, would it be possible to have a standard UK and a standard import TT included to cover all bases?

As for not driving the car hard, I suspect you'll be encouraged to do so, that's when they come alive :)

Edited by michael (see edit history)

Guest Ben Barry

Thanks for the swift replies everyone. Michael, we'll have to pick one car and go with that to represent the Supra - we just don't have enough pages, even though this is getting a lot of pages. Mike, your car looks great, and, if it came to it, I'm sure we could shoot your car, then drive a TT at a later date - not an ideal solution, but certainly workable.

Would be nice to have a completely standard UK car included in this to ensure all the best bits get mentioned ;)

Perhaps the one DBR is selling?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=188439

Mine is probably too non-standard now even if I put the OEM wheels back on, the driving impressions would be a lot different to standard.

Ben, would it be possible to have a standard UK and a standard import TT included to cover all bases?

As for not driving the car hard, I suspect you'll be encouraged to do so, that's when they come alive, unless it's an NA of course, they never come alive :)

I think your car would be a good example, tidy stock UK body with only 'OEM style' wheels. Apart from that he said he realises that most cars have some mods :)

My car is pretty much stock apart from wheels, but i'll be at work.

Ben I'm guessing you'd prefer to have a 6 speed over an auto wouldnt you?

One question we need to ask ourselves is what would we want to represent the Supra in a major magazine like this?

The outcome of the article could have a positive / negative effect on the demand and value of our prized machines ;)

Personally I think a UK6 in black says everything that needs to be said of a standard car, failing that a late facelift J-Spec manual would do. Would be nice if they could drive an auto at a later date just to give it a mention in the article though.

One question we need to ask ourselves is what would we want to represent the Supra in a major magazine like this?

The outcome of the article could have a positive / negative effect on the demand and value of our prized machines ;)

Personally I think a UK6 in black says everything that needs to be said of a standard car, failing that a late facelift J-Spec manual would do. Would be nice if they could drive an auto at a later date just to give it a mention in the article though.

well I thought Bobbeh's would be a good one ;)