The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra, problem with driver side seat belt!

JS2004

Hello,

Just picked up my supra car which i totally love, but found a few things i need to give some attention to..

The most worrying one is drivers side seat belt - it doesnt seem to want to recoil the slack. Ive seen other posts here in regards to fitting a new seatbelt mechanism - but i was wondering if theres anything i can do to mine instead of simply replacing it.

the mechanism works when you pull on it hard but during normal movement as you get more slack, it tends to just not pull the slack back - it can be gradually manually fed but this is not ideal.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Slightly off topic too - one of the reverse lights (import SZ 1994) is not working (the right hand side one). Doesnt appear to be bulb (changed them over). Is the wiring independant for each side or could i run a patch across from the working light to feed both reverse lights from the same?

Thakyou in advance! :)

IIRC some of the jap imports have one of the reverse lights converted to the fog light.

Not the ideal or best way to do it. Rather than convert one of the brake lights. You should have an aftermarket switch somewhere in the dash for the rear fog light. turn your fog lights on and flick the switch then take a look at the back.

Hi guys - thankyou both for your input.

It was indeed a reverse fog light! we did wonder what the funny yellow switch was on the side of the steering column :) is that easy to reverse? ive always loved the whole 2 reverse lights would rather have one (or pref two) of the brake lights modified to be twin rear fogs (symmetrical looks better).

Thankyou for pointing me towards Jezz, I will see if he can hook me up with one :)

Really appreciated.

I am at this very moment trying to find the answer to that question for myself hehe :)

maybe im being optimistic or not understanding the whole fog light concept thing but was thinking about some sort of conversion to two of the break lights ((one either side) to make them double up as brake / fogs - but im yet to find a post that details if thats possible or not :)