The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should I go for it?

trinitom

Hi people

I'm looking for some advice about piggybacks!

I have a TT BPU running about 1 bar at the moment and i was wondering if a tuned piggyback will help to gain any power, and if so how much more hp can i see let's say at 1.2 bar?

I don’t want an aftermarket ecu since I’m just on BPU level and i think i will be like that for a long time!

A "tuned piggyback" is the same as an aftermarket ECU. Anything that interupts the stock ECU is a piggyback.

It's fine to go to 1.2 bar provided the engine and rest of the car is in great condition. Did you read the BPU artical we've mentioned many times to you?

i believe the engine and car are in great condition, and i have read the BPU tread!!

what i want to know if £300+- expended in any kind of piggyback

will really work the money at bpu, or " it's just a toy " to show some numbers and scales. :D

It won't just cost £300 bud. You have to factor in the mapping etc.

You might see about 20hp, improved throttle response and smoother power through the range.

Thats about it.

thanks that's the answer i want to see!

in that case i think for 20 more hp doesn't worth the money!

(in my opinion)

I'm happy with what i got!

thanks people. ;)

You won't see much more than 400-420 through any mods on the stock tubby's, other than using NOS.

The reason a lot of people choose to go with a standalone or a piggyback is to fine tune throughout the rev-range. The couple of ponies gained at the top end aren't really the point of a re-map.

In my opinion its a very worthwhile mod. I don't have one at the moment but i'm planing on a solaris at some point in the future. I just want to make the best of what i have while staying future proof.