The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rain stops play... (an introduction)

Sherriff

Hello all,

Just a quick introduction and hello now that i've finally joined the lucky few, picked up my 93 Silver J-Spec TT on Saturday morning :) With visiting various friends and general driving about chuckling to myself i've managed to put about 500 miles on it over the weekend.

I'm enjoying ownership immensely but have been taking it steady after all the warnings of sideways scares in the damp and greasy conditions. I've even managed a clean tonight as the clouds and rain closed in, it got too wet and dark to wax, so that'll have to wait.

Not 100% sure of the extra bits and pieces fitted to it, but after the recommendations on the board and the fact that i'm not a million miles from Milton Keynes i'm going to take it to JPS and get the guys to give it the once over just to make sure it's all as it should be.

I'll post some pics when i've had a chance to take some in the sunshine and some specs when i've sorted out what's what.

Hopefully i'll get to meet some of you at Santa Pod if anyone's going to the Japanese Car Day in June, and also to pay to join this board properly now i'm actually an owner.

Cheers, a chuffed owner,

Sherriff :D

There's a new Sherriff in town!

Welcome mate. I well remember the "I just bought a Supra" grin :D

. . . and the £50 a day Optimax habit :(

Get some pics posted ASAFP ok? We like that.

So, you bought a Supra that you don't know the spec of? Seems a bit odd.

Thanks for the welcome, I've got an idea of the spec, I just wanted to make sure it was all correct before I started yabbering on about it :) but since you asked, the things I know about currently are :

Mine's ECU

GReddy Hard Pipe Kit

GReddy FMIC

Trust Oil Cooler

Trust Exhaust

St Boesco top adjustable suspension

Triple Plate Clutch

Uprated LSD

UK Brakes

Additional GReddy dash mounted dials (temp, boost, oil pressure)

AB Flug Lip Spoiler

I've a feeling there may be some other stuff yet to be discovered, but with any luck JPS will be able to give me the full list.

Photo's have been taken by a mate with a digital camera, just waiting for him to stick them up on his webspace and then i'll post some links to them.

Cheers,

Sherriff.

It's got some Japanese characters and then a little 100kg sticker where the Supra badge normally would be. I'm hoping to find out what it means from a mate when I next meet up with him, until then it remains a mystery.

Cheers,

Sherriff.

Thanks, i'm very happy with it, the Japanese owner before me seems to have spent a good deal of time and money doing various bits and pieces to the car, perhaps he just wanted a better mapped ECU?

Perhaps my visit to JPS will shed more light on it.

Cheers,

Sherriff.

P.S. I've made my payment via bank transfer to officially join, does anyone know how often the account gets checked?

Newera did indeed supply my car, and it came over with all the bits I mentioned already fitted.

Give me a few weeks and i'll have some more information about it to post here, until then i'll be driving about grinning like an idiot as most of the rest of the world and their dog goes into rewind mode.

Cheers for the interest anyway, it's good to be amongst 'enthusiasts' :)

My parts ordered from the local Toyota dealer have apparently arrived and are awaiting collection, lets just hope the new rubbers help to get rid of the squeaky boot...

Sherriff.

From the little I can see under the car (too low! :)) it looks like the Pipe is unchanged in diameter from the front heat shield??, so I think it's missing at least one of the cats, the pipework is pretty substantial with minimum bends, a rough estimate would be about a 3inch diameter pipe.

Does this sound about right?

It pulls pretty well in all of the gears (I think 4th is my current favourite), but until I get up to Santa Pod on a RWYB day I don't have any official figures or stats.

I'll keep you updated with any new findings.

Take it easy,

Sherriff.