The mkiv Supra Owners Club

345bhp on dyno

Lee_e

Hey guys

Just got my greddy fcd fittted then had to put it on dyno to set up etc

Guy said it runs like a dream and has nothing at all wrong with it :D from what he can see anyway lol

havent got final figures yet as he needs a technician to come out and look at its graph work etc

All i have done to the sup is :

1st and 2nd cats removed

aftermarket exhaust

greddy fcd

walbro fuel pump

FMIC

Im yet to fit new grade 7 plugs but after that will i pretty much be at bpu ?

i have a jspec TT facelift 1997

A happy day for me :D

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)

not sure on the boost levels yet but all will be clear when i pick up the data sheet in the next couple of days. he said it was running 1.1 bar but ill believe it when i see the graphs :)

it could be flywheel or rear wheels im not sure, i will just have to wait untill i collect the data.

You just need a boost controller in there now then. :thumbs:

I'd leave it as is, if it's hitting 1.1bar now then it's quite possible it will be hitting higher than that in cooler weather. A boost gauge is a must if you haven't already though.

Be happy with it as is, that extra 0.1 isn't going to make a great deal of difference. :)

With a 1.2 bar RR in, is it possible to lower the boost below that with a boost controller? Or will a boost controller only raise?

Only raise the boost, you could always fit a 1.0 RR and then raise the boost to 1.2 for those sprinted moments.

Only raise the boost, you could always fit a 1.0 RR and then raise the boost to 1.2 for those sprinted moments.

That was what I thought, but a guy at my garage said that's only the case if I run the stock solenoid alongside the one with the controller and that if I remove the stock solenoid, I can control it both ways.

Didn't sound right to me but I don't understand enough about this stuff to know why.

That was what I thought, but a guy at my garage said that's only the case if I run the stock solenoid alongside the one with the controller and that if I remove the stock solenoid, I can control it both ways.

Didn't sound right to me but I don't understand enough about this stuff to know why.

You need to find a different garage :)

Bit awkward now, they're building me a custom exhaust with sports cat next week. I'll just make sure they put the RR in when they do it.

Whereabouts should the RR go, or does it not matter?

Id place it where the De-cat pipe meets the exhaust, that way you can easily change it if need be :)

Bit awkward now, they're building me a custom exhaust with sports cat next week. I'll just make sure they put the RR in when they do it.

Whereabouts should the RR go, or does it not matter?

If you're putting a cat back in you won't need the restrictor.

If you're putting a cat back in you won't need the restrictor.

Won't that depend on how restrictive the cat is?

What I'm having is custom front decat, high-flow cat in place of the second cat and Envy GT Evolution cat back, with 3" piping all through.

Is it not better to put one in just in case? Presumably I won't know if I'll need one until it's tested?

Won't that depend on how restrictive the cat is?

What I'm having is custom front decat, high-flow cat in place of the second cat and Envy GT Evolution cat back, with 3" piping all through.

Is it not better to put one in just in case? Presumably I won't know if I'll need one until it's tested?

If the high-flow cat is less restrictive than a ~2.25" hole I'd be very surprised.