The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi!!

Guest youngin_f_l

Guest youngin_f_l

:)

Just bought my first Supra on Saturday :)

1993 K Reg, 3.0 N/A, Manual

Just thought I'd come and register here!

Guest youngin_f_l

I will do tonight after work :)

I'm in love with it! Especially after owning 2 Ford Focus' in 2 years!

Insurance is a bit of a killer though :(

I'm from Cramlington mate

Guest SUPRAC

From one newbie to another, welcome!

I too am sorting out insurance at the moment for my impending TT, I'm 23 with 6 points, and Sky quoted me £1000, and Admiral £960. Have you been quoted happy yet? :)

22 with 2 years NCB was 1100 fully comp

Its a jap import, so a lot of people said £150 a month and upwards!

I recently got quoted £1,100 with Sky Insurance. Fully comp, 21 years old, four years no-claims... that's also on a J-Spec N/A, I didn't think it was that bad...

Though if you've been driving around in a Focus and the insurance has come as a shock to the system wait untill you've had the Supra a few months and you're on first-name terms with your local Shell garage employees!

Can't put a price on Supra smiles per gallon and dirty looks from Skyline drivers though. :p.

Guest youngin_f_l

Just out of interest, what fuel are people supplying their Supras with?

Standard or Shell Optimax (or equivalent)

Its too expensive lol :search:

Guest youngin_f_l

I've got one plastic headlight & one glass, anyone know where I can get another glass one? Just looks daft!!! Oh and its unmolested....Limiter is still on it :(

Guest youngin_f_l

I'll post some up later!

Its got Veilside skirts & rear spats, sitting on 19's.

Need a new headlight, facelift front indicators and maybe a nice front splitter to set it off, also to change the headunit in it, my cousin said you have to take the whole dash apart is that right?! :blink:

Guest youngin_f_l

Oh &$%$

Can't be bothered to do that, but I like my Headunit because it has usb port in it and the one in the car at the minute is only cd/mp3

Guest youngin_f_l

For the extra 10% premium you pay on top for the finer stuff I can't imagine the mileage gained being an extra 10% so to be fair standard unleaded is probably better (for economy) :taped:

Really? I was advised to go for the hard stuff to get the best out of her...performance and economy (economy meant relatively loosely of course lol)

Welcome youngin_f_l :)

Mine runs on standard unleaded and seems just fine :)

For the extra 10% premium you pay on top for the finer stuff I can't imagine the mileage gained being an extra 10% so to be fair standard unleaded is probably better (for economy) :taped:

There are plenty of threads with varying opinions on this, if you have the time to trawl through them -

However, after 9 years of TT ownership I've tried both and I can't tell the difference, and 99% of the time I use regular unleaded.