The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there an alternative to the Supra?

KaiBosh

So I went out Friday night and drove down a quiet, dark street and heard two loud bangs. Someone thought it would be a good idea to build a spit of kerb out into the road for no apparent reason and the streetlamps are broken so I didn't see it. I've hit it at about 15mph and popped the back tyre. The assessor rang today; I've bent the wishbones and written the car off FFS.

Now my first instinct obviously is to get another Supra but I was just wondering if there was an alternative. I'll be honest, I like Supes for the power-to-price ratio and the stunning good looks. Are there any other motors that possess similar qualities? Or even come close?

Looking at the figures and the current state of the market, it's looking like letting it go is the sensible option, despite what my heart is telling me. I'm still in mourning tbh but with things as they are, it's the right choice.

It's a Jap manual NA. Repair comes to two and a half, they value it at three and a half, which is not bad, to be fair.

I don't need a practical car, my missus drives the family-wagon and I cycle to work so it's just a toy though I do need backseats for occasional babyseat use.

She's VERY keen for me not to get another sports bike so what else is there in this price range? It's all dross as far as I can make out.

you bent some wishbones and wrote the car off? wtf. whats that to repair? a couple of hundred quid for some 2nd hand ones pluss labour?

edit - Whats the full list of damage? 2.5k for some wishbones? wtf.

:yeahthat:

If it's only wishbone damage you can easily repair it for a hundred quid or so. How on earth did the 2.5k price come about? :blink:

I've not seen the bill but I think both rims were gouged, the tracking was knocked out, wishbones bent and I'm presuming the axle bent too. The bodywork was untouched from what I could see. Dunno much about this stuff really, it's the first time I've hit anything in 16 years. Thought I'd chuck a bit on top and get a TT maybe.

I've not seen the bill but I think both rims were gouged, the tracking was knocked out, wishbones bent and I'm presuming the axle bent too. The bodywork was untouched from what I could see. Dunno much about this stuff really, it's the first time I've hit anything in 16 years. Thought I'd chuck a bit on top and get a TT maybe.

When they offer you £2k for the car you might reconsider this approach.

So I went out Friday night and drove down a quiet, dark street and heard two loud bangs. Someone thought it would be a good idea to build a spit of kerb out into the road for no apparent reason and the streetlamps are broken so I didn't see it. I've hit it at about 15mph and popped the back tyre. The assessor rang today; I've bent the wishbones and written the car off FFS.

Now my first instinct obviously is to get another Supra but I was just wondering if there was an alternative. I'll be honest, I like Supes for the power-to-price ratio and the stunning good looks. Are there any other motors that possess similar qualities? Or even come close?

In answer to your question, for the money there is no alternative to the Supra. Bang for your buck is phenomenal.....:)

H.

Take the money, follow your head, not your heart, the figure you spoke of is very generous. You can buy a TT for that!

really? I thought they were about £800

I have changed all of mine so have fairly up to date prices, thats only for the 2 lower arms though, i guess he's only bent 2 as he said he got 2 wheels that are buggered as well.

As CW says, take the £3500 and run lol