The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT6 with clocked mileage

Guest billybig1

Guest billybig1

Hi all

Just a quick heads up. I saw this TT6 today

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_popup.jsp?did=28997&pageid=3&originalid=&gid=nogroup&tid=46&start=1&distance=0&adcategory=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=200928337867665

Funny thing is I sold it about 2 years ago when it had 63k on the clock. I don't remember selling it to Marty McFly but it's now only got 52k on it :no:

The dealer reckons he can prove the mileage with the import sheet and previous MOTs but I have the sale receipt signed by the 1st buyer showing 63k. I'm not saying it was him who clocked it but it seems that someone has.

It might still be a decent motor but I would be very wary of the mileage.

Edited by billybig1 (see edit history)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest billybig1

Might be, but the dealer reckons that the odo is now reading 97k kilometres. I know it was showing over that when it was imported

Ahh...nice to point this out! With it being closer to 50k it would seem more appealing... guess if you ditch the previous MOT papers and then say it was imported recently and then do a new MOT none would be the wiser. Dont think MOT centre would flag it up...

Guest billybig1
Even odder then, as 97k kilometers is 60k miles, not 52k miles.

That's true.

TBH the mileage could have been altered by anyone since I sold it, which was over 2 years ago. I'm not trying to point the finger at anyone, including wilkorangrover, it's just a "heads up" for info that the mileage doesn't tally up really.

Edited by billybig1 (see edit history)

*Awaits wilkorangrovers response*

:Popcorn:

Maybe he is a trader after all?! :blink:

How much truth is there in his user title "the supra wheeler dealer" :rolleyes:

because i sell to exporters and they dont want me putting pictures up on here

i go to every supra show with my facelift single turbo..... iam not dodgy... jesus

A quote from post 8 in his for sale thread :innocent:

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling (see edit history)

This is what makes me laugh about older cars that all of a sudden never seem to cover more than 100,000 miles...... it's not just Supra's, take the BMW E36 M3's for example....

Personally I bought my as a high mileage car with FTSH and 2 owners, after refusing cars with a fraction of the mileage. At the end of the day I like to see straight no nonsense itemised service history to show the car's been cared for rather than one with low miles and little paper work.

Edited by DSK (see edit history)

*awaits wilkorangrovers response*

:Popcorn:

lmao, he gets back off holiday tomorrow.

Just looked at the link and the car. I went with him to pick this car up and helped him sort out the sale of it. At no point did he alter the mileage on it. The guy who bought it off him said he was an exporter and here it is for sale another story.

As when we picked it up it had 97,000km. Got it from down south the guy we got it from didn't seem to have a clue and reckoned he hardly used it. Condition seemed to indicate this. My guess is the owner before him did the clocking as it had a bunch of MOT certificates with the correct mileage increments on them.

Edited by jimmy_supra (see edit history)

you would be spot on about this dealer !! went to view one of his supras and noticed it had been clocked over 25k miles back lol

he claimed the mileage was half in kilometeres haha yer right i said.

checked the old mots etc and there was a stage where when it was converted to miles it read 104k miles lol then all of a sudden went down to 80k miles and half in kilo's.

now as stated above could of been previous owner , so not slatting him as he was a genuine enough guy

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)