The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice : Supras on VERY long journeys.....

Holden1989

Need to settle an arguement,

Is this good/bad/ok for supras? a TT inperticular

Were looking at a short break in Scotland, would love to take the TT because to be honest it is the most comfortable car we own but the other half is semi convinced it may kill it :(

The journey in question is about 650miles and we would be driving for 12 hours give or take a few toilet breaks

So, what do you guys think?

It eats journeys like that for breakfast. It's a Grand Tourer not some highly strung hypercar. The only problem you may have is funding it's insatiable thirst.

Get it serviced first and enjoy. Then learn how to spell 'in particular'.:innocent:

Are you having a laugh..??

We as a group of NA's & TT's have done the Le Mans trip twice int eh past couple of years. That's 1200 miles in 3 days, or 600 in one go.

Comfort should be the least of your worried. Petrol usage and storage space are usually the problems..!!:D

H.

We as a group of NA's & TT's have done the Le Mans trip twice int eh past couple of years. That's 1200 miles in 3 days, or 600 in one go.

Comfort should be the least of your worried. Petrol usage and storage space are usually the problems..!!:D

H.

Yes the supra is a very reliable car, petrol usage is the only downside, Enjoy your drive :)

no harm at all. its a GT car and was made for such journies. Mine has been up to scotland without a good service. IMO saying a car needs a "good service" before you go on a long trip is stupid. Just check the fluids. Your going to be doing more "harm" to the car doing short trips to the shops or work every day, stopping and starting all the time than a long relaxed journy cruizing on the motorway.

Chill out. the supra isnt some kind of ticking time bomb when you drive it more than 200 miles the wheels fall off or the turbo's implode.

Get it serviced first and enjoy. Then learn how to spell 'in particular'.:innocent:

I have always struggled with that word :( But thank you for being so caring and pointing it out to me ;)

H.

I know, but our TT can be very 'highly strung' and i didnt know wether u guys who drive to nurburgring did it all in one go or stopped every few hours to give the cars a rest :search:

It'll be fine.

Check the Water, oil, tyre pressure, fluids, batteries and take with you a bottle of water, a packet of haribo and a good collection of Cds.

Servicing will be ok, sod the haribo, my plan is to start driving at 8pm and hope to get there at 8am with us swapping over every few hours, so red bull, ciggys and pro plus will be the only thing on the menu

Thanks guys, now there is no excuse :sly:

my plan is to start driving at 8pm and hope to get there at 8am with us swapping over every few hours, so red bull, ciggys and pro plus will be the only thing on the menu

That sounds like a MUCH worse idea. Dont take the supra if your going to do that you will end up binning it.

Dont be stupid and drive when you have had plenty of sleep.

That sounds like a MUCH worse idea. Dont take the supra if your going to do that you will end up binning it.

Dont be stupid and drive when you have had plenty of sleep.

Believe me, i have absolutely no trouble sleeping during the day,

i will make sure i have plenty of sleep beforehand :)

I know, but our TT can be very 'highly strung' and i didnt know wether u guys who drive to nurburgring did it all in one go or stopped every few hours to give the cars a rest

The only rest mine will be getting is on the ferrie, And maybe after the high speed test on the autobhan :D

I have driven from here to Bristol, stopping in total for about an hour, and come back doing the same the day after - about 1400 miles - and if you keep it at a staedy speed, any steady speed, but 95 leps suited fine, the consumption ain't bad at all

When I owned my Supra's I always went back home to Scotland in them. Both TT's, it is a lot nicer to drive up there in the Supra than a normal car (Omega).

As mentioned the downside is the petrol as you cannot help but open up the taps as once you get north of the border you will see some proper driving roads and the Supra will feel at home.