The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keys in the ignition, time to drive toward the dream!

Renzouken

Hey all, jus' thught I'd take the time to both compliment you on such an informative, useful and interesting website, and introduce myself as the proud owner of one of these, "Supra" things you lot seem to be quite fond of.

A few months ago I picked up a Jap Spec '94 SZ 5-Speed, and even though she may be missing a few bits and pieces here and there (...like a couple of turbos, for instance) I'm still every bit as in love with her today as I was the day I first sat behind the wheel, what a machine. I've wanted to have a Supra sat on the drive since I first set eyes on one when I was a kid, so when I stumbled upon the bargain N/A in need of nothing more than a bit of bodywork and interior TLC I couldn't help myself but to swap the cash for the keys.

My tuning experience (or lack of) measures in at installing twin carbs, a bolt-on K&N, alloy wheels and a GTE bodykit on a Vauxhall Nova... So whilst I'm not short of common sense (I am aware the previous sentence contradicts that statement!) and I'm pretty good at taking things apart, I sometimes need help putting them back together. I'm aware of all the basics and the theory, but my knowledge of the intricacies of the modern day engine and experience when it comes to putting that knowledge into practice leaves a lot to be desired. I'm eager to learn though... and hopefully that's where you guys come in. :p

The plan is to tidy up the Supra whilst learning as much as I can along the way, nothing major like dropping in a 2JZ-GTE lump, or bonnet-mounted .50 Cal machineguns that automatically seek out and eliminate cyclists. Just take things apart, clean, repair and put them back together tasks. I'll be keeping the Supra untill have the confidence and funds to tune, run, and insure a Twin Turbo, as I've heard that's where the real fun begins... :sly:

Anyway, I've been using the site for a few months now, and just thaught it polite to show some appreciation and introduce myself... So thanks again and I look forward to the rest of my time as a MKIV Supra owner's club member!