The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1.3 Bar on Sunday

Matt H

After getting used to 1.0 bar on my new single over the past months, Sunday was the first time i upped the boost to 1.3 bar.

I thought i'd take the car for a spin for half and hour, but only got in 2 hours later! :D totally in love with the small single.

The spool on the GT35R DBB really does remove the doubt i originally had about whether i should go down the single route or not.

Will be looking at getting the car dyno'd now. Any recommendations of a good accurate RR in the NW or slightly south?

Look forward to the dyno results as I'm not familiar with this turbo.

How does it feel Vs a TT at full chat?

It's hard for me to say as it's been well over a year since i had the car running properly at TT-BPU level.

I know it's certainly faster, but i wouldn't like to hazard a quess as to how much. When i drive the car it fells like a rocket to me, but then it would after so long driving a 1.8 around :D

Looking forward to both a dyno run and a run up Pod.

Bring on 1.6 bar :D

I doubt it! At least not for a looong long time and when i have the 6speed conversion ready to go incase the stock box dies!

Altough having said that, Michel is already lining up my 6 speed conversion for over the winter! :lol: :D

I got offered a GT35 for a steal and was ooing and arghing over this small little turbo.

Certainly have fallen in love with it. Spool is essential for me and if there is something i can say without a doubt it has it's that.

It's also instantaneous from no load / high revs to load / high revs.

Was the one you were offered a 35r DBB?

How long before you are craving more power, its a disease I tell you, then you will need to look at a new turbo, may not feel like it now but just wait :D

Umm, i'm not sure. I don't think i'd want a bigger turbo as i don't want the lag trade off.

There's more boost available when the 6 speed goes on.... hey Michel?! :D

Umm, i'm not sure. I don't think i'd want a bigger turbo as i don't want the lag trade off.

There's more boost available when the 6 speed goes on.... hey Michel?! :D

We shall see ;)

Have you been in a T67DBB, T04Z, T51 car, 600+ is addictive :D

Great to see you car putting a smile on your face again

I doubt it! At least not for a looong long time and when i have the 6speed conversion ready to go incase the stock box dies!

Altough having said that, Michel is already lining up my 6 speed conversion for over the winter! :lol: :D

y not a boost logic auto box with a high stall?

Nice one matt :) noticible difference between 1 and 1.3 bar?

I'd certainly say there was a difference, but it's hard to gauge it exactly.

So you committing to the 6speed route then? :D

Well... maybe.. :D

Once i've saved up for the 6 speed and Solaris, I'll up for the boost a bit more then see what happens! :D

We shall see ;)

Have you been in a T67DBB, T04Z, T51 car, 600+ is addictive :D

Great to see you car putting a smile on your face again

I've been in bigger turbo singles yes, and I haven't got on with the lag. I don't know, it does vary from spec to spec, but silly horse power is not useable.

We'll see like you say but i'm pretty confident i'll stick it out. :D

y not a boost logic auto box with a high stall?

My box is built, similar to a boost logic. I'd never get on with a high stall though. such a different driving experiance. not keen

I'd certainly say there was a difference, but it's hard to gauge it exactly.

Well... maybe.. :D

Once i've saved up for the 6 speed and Solaris, I'll up for the boost a bit more then see what happens! :D

I was very impressed with the solaris just looking at how acurate the afr map looked compared to the aem on mine when it was being mapped on Sunday. Wished I had gone down that route but I had already committed to the aem, oh well