The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Impending TT :)

Guest SUPRAC

Guest SUPRAC

Hey all :yahoo:

I have been to look at a beautiful black TT Rz 6 speed manual today, and am returning later in the week with a bundle of paper for the exchange! The bodywork and engine were incredibly clean for such an old car, and I fell in love with it straight away, so thought I would come and join this forum as I have a few questions maybe someone could answer?

1. It's been tuned in Japan by (at?/with?) BPU? Am I right in thinking that this means that the engine has had a specified list of tuning done to it which meet some sort of 'list of mods?'.

2. It's claimed that at the moment it's running at 1.1 bar boost. Is this a typical level? is this indicated on the boost controller in the car? (I don't have it yet so can't check yet!) How safe is it to turn up the boost and what levels are typical?

I'll put up some pictures when I pick it up :)

Congratulations on your first true love.

May I add to the welcoming warm echos.

It's an interesting time, the car is yours yet not yours at the same time, the seat and wheel are waiting for your touch.

The gearknob too awaits your firm command.

Congratulations on your first true love.

May I add to the welcoming warm echos.

It's an interesting time, the car is yours yet not yours at the same time, the seat and wheel are waiting for your touch.

The gearknob too awaits your firm command.

LOL, how poetic :D

Anyway, welcome mate ;)

Welcome!

If you fancy getting straight involved in the club scene, there's a mini-meet in Chippenham at the weekend you could pop along to. Plenty of very helpful and lovely people will be there. It's a good afternoon out :)

Also, get in quick for your SupraPod tickets - an excellent day out, or weekend if you fancy the camping bit, too.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=180236

Enjoy the wonderful world of Supra ownership :)

Guest SUPRAC

Hey Guys,

Picker her up last night, absolutely beautiful, love at first sight!!

Here are the pics :)

Guys who were selling it were really nice, almost felt bad for the girl owner, she looked really sad to be selling it, but I'm sure the cash will help to heal the wound slightly.

Lovely drive home, no problems whatsoever, feels so much more sturdy than my previous 306, and the exhaust is actually quieter on the motorway which is nice. Before, after about an hour on the motorway I went deaf from the backbox :twak:

Beautiful to drive, however getting in my garage was a nightmare. It slopes down at about 20% gradient for 3 metres then kinks back to flat. Not good with the lowered suspension! Half an hour later, and 7 broken planks of wood she's in and secure!!

Ah, true love........

8d38_1.jpg

88c8_1.jpg

9326_1.jpg

12072009227.jpg

12072009230.jpg

8b33_1.jpg

8c60_1.jpg

8eb8_1.jpg

8fbe_1.jpg

91da_1.jpg

947b_1.jpg

12072009219.jpg

12072009221.jpg

12072009228.jpg

12072009231.jpg

Hi and welcome to the club, you will not regret it because there is so much information and really a lot of members who know a lot about Supra's.

dont just jump in and do a lot of alterations to the car, give it a while, go through all the forums there's just so much info on the car.

A few things I will say is, be carefull (sounding just like your Mom), its very easy to crash one of these if your not used to it and with referance to your BPU you may either have a boost controller or a restrictor ring fitted in your exhaust. If its a boost "con" then there should be a box usually in the cab but sometimes in the engine bay, (about 2 or 3 inch sq by about 1 deep with some sort of readout).

With a boost controller you can alter your boost pretty easy but its not advised to go more than 1.2 bar, if its a restrictor ring then you can get a larger one to take you to 1.2.

All the best.

Bob.