The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray

wilson4347

I've been quoted £2k ish for a basic respray in RSP, £4kish for windows etc out.

A colour change would be more, especially if you wanted the engine bay doing.

Costs vary massively, but you will often get what you pay for - decent paint, decent prep, decent finish... can't be done for a cheap price. (That's not to say that a crap job can't also cost ££££s)

If you find a sprayer you're happy with, see if you can have a look at a car they did recently and another one they did 3~4+ years ago: see how the workmanship, and the paint quality, stood the test of time.

If you find a sprayer you're happy with, see if you can have a look at a car they did recently and another one they did 3~4+ years ago: see how the workmanship, and the paint quality, stood the test of time.

Wise advice... wish I had heard it before I committed my money to the incompetent idiots that did mine.

I've been quoted £2k ish for a basic respray in RSP, £4kish for windows etc out.

A colour change would be more, especially if you wanted the engine bay doing.

Costs vary massively, but you will get what you pay for - decent paint, decent prep, decent finish....

Mine was for glass out but no engine bay.... prices really do vary.

Wise advice... wish I had heard it before I committed my money to the incompetent idiots that did mine.

I'm no expert, it's just what I've picked up so far whilst I look around and save up. It's probably the most nerve-racking thing I'll do with the car: however much you look into it and examine what they've done to date, you really can't be 100% certain you've picked a good place until after (sometimes months/years after!) you've spent the money.

thanks for the advice guys, do want to change colour really and am wanting to remove veilside and go for a do-luck kit so itz gona cost quite abit, was just after a rough guide!

I did that at the same time. It makes quite a big difference. Veilside is nice but I think Do Luck looks nicer.

thanks for the advice guys, do want to change colour really and am wanting to remove veilside and go for a do-luck kit so itz gona cost quite abit, was just after a rough guide!

Spraying bolt-on bits is easier than spraying inside shutlines, beneath rubber seals (around windows) etc. It's the degree of professionalism/completeness for a job that dictates the price: with a colour change you've got no choice but to have the lot done, and then the extras like engine bay.

Well my respray cost 1200 euro he did a brillant job and was happy with it that included spraying the spoiler , but it does depend how many dents they are etc when its sanded down.

Glad to see your happy Claire:)

Before going to any garage get as much feedback as possable is my best advise.

it's costing me around £1500 to have; bumper fitted, front wings fitted, drivers door, new sill fabricated and fitted, full repsray, wheels dipped and hubs & calipers sprayed.

i'll tell you what the quality is like next week when i get it back... hopefully, it's only been 6 months since it went in.

As has already been suggested by me earlier, email jimmy_supra and ask him who he used in Sheffield. His paint was superb and at the last meet we were comparing his paint job to mine.

Cheers mate, you will give me a big head all this talk about my car :p

My job consisted of:

Windows out

Doors off

Wheels off

Boot off

Bumpers and all trim off

Bonnet off

They then trial fitted the skirts and spats the front bumper (Do Luck) Had been fitted by myself and was a genuine one so once I had cut around the IC Pipes it went straight on. :)

They decided to trim the skirts to fit inline with the car eliminating the lip over the sill which can result in scraping on the bottom of the doors as the clearance is reduced. (They look like factory fit). 10 Hours per side for the skirts alone.

I didn't have the engine bay sprayed out of personal choice could have been done if i wanted. I also removed all the interior trim myself prior to the respray.

The car was then sprayed on axle stands and all the accompanying pieces seperately.

The total cost of this was £2490 including new front and rear genuine toyota windscreen rubbers as they have to be cut when removing the glass as they are bonded (£90 for the pair).

I paid cash making it cheaper ;)

The job took 3 Weeks to complete!

Hope this helps. :D

Edited by jimmy_supra (see edit history)

it's costing me around £1500 to have; bumper fitted, front wings fitted, drivers door, new sill fabricated and fitted, full repsray, wheels dipped and hubs & calipers sprayed.

i'll tell you what the quality is like next week when i get it back... hopefully, it's only been 6 months since it went in.

Where are you getting this done?