The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Footwell lights?

brucie-bonus

Ive tried searching but I couldn't find what I was looking for:search:.....

Anyway, while trying to hunt for all the bulbs I could change from the horrible yellowness to something a little whiter, I noticed I had a bulb in the passenger footwell. Upon investigating why it didn't work, I followed the wires to find someone has chopped of where it had been connected. Now, I cant find the other end of the chopped cable and I also cant find a light on the drivers side.

Im going to assume that I should have a drivers side and that both sides were connected together then connected to somewhere else? Can some kind soul confirm this?:thanks:

Ta

Thank you kind people, seems as there is no set answer to this!

Don't imagine there would be much need for one, especially on the drivers side unless it was being used for a constantly on, chav neon effect!:blink:

I can live without them and don't you know that they slow you down. ;)

I always wondered where all that extra weight came from:lol:

..why footwell lights?

In case you forget which pedal is which, maybe?

I've not worked out what the 4th pedal does.. throttle-brake-clutch-and...? It's seized solid..maybe I'll put some WD40 on it, see if it loosens up.. :p ;)

Erm ....as footwell lights are usually connected to the interior light can we assume you drive with your doors open watching the pedals?:eyebrows: mind you if your pedals are in the order you say they are then no wonder they are in the wrong order :eyebrows:btw WD40 doesn't work try a big hammer :eyebrows:

Edited by SteveR
fixed quote (see edit history)

Ive tried searching but I couldn't find what I was looking for:search:.....

Anyway, while trying to hunt for all the bulbs I could change from the horrible yellowness to something a little whiter, I noticed I had a bulb in the passenger footwell. Upon investigating why it didn't work, I followed the wires to find someone has chopped of where it had been connected. Now, I cant find the other end of the chopped cable and I also cant find a light on the drivers side.

Im going to assume that I should have a drivers side and that both sides were connected together then connected to somewhere else? Can some kind soul confirm this?:thanks:

Ta

There should be one either side, when I press the button to unlock mine the interior light, footwell lights and the outside light on the door lock come on.

Ta.

Damn weird one if you ask me. :)

Toyota dealer: TT or N/A?

Purchaser: N/A please... I can't afford the TT... I'd much prefer footwell lights thanks.

Quite,

Some weird old extras on the supra, Such as the fabled knee pads left and right:blink: Or the never before seen roof rack!