The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting ready for Suprapod

GazB

Mickey Thompson Tyres ET Street Radials have been fitted to my new Rota GTR 17" rims and look very nice :)

The new tyres are very soft even without warming them, it's easy to press you finger nail into the rubber :cool:

I'm looking forward to giving them a run out a Suprapod, it will be interesting to see what 60ft gain they give me :D

Hi Jamie

Webster race engineering got them for me, next day delivery and not that expensive ;)

You know you need some on them Weld rims :eyebrows:

Have you managed to sort Jap brakes for the rear yet?

I still haven't changed mine, I'm going to buy some new 15" rims, wheel stud etc for next season so i'll keep the uk's on until then.

Your'll like the line lock :eyebrows: it's so easy to us and road tyre disapear so quickly.

I should have mine disconnected for road use :D

I have been told that the MT's don't need to much warming before a run on a prepped track and not to be shocked if diff or drive shafts fail due to extra grip on launch :eyebrows:

So my trailer may well come in useful :D

I'm looking forward to Suprapod after missing last year after clutch broke the week before, i've only driven the car a couple of times this year and non of them have been on the 1/4 mile so i've got withdrawals :D

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Yes Yes :)

Boost leak fixed :eyebrows:

Managed to grab a 20 min test track run tonight to see if i'd fixed boost leak ;)

I'd forgot just what a difference it made from 0.8bar to 1.4bar after going to

Ace cafe last time out and realising it wasn't boosting right :(

Test track was slighty damp so she was spinning rears in 3rd but pulled very nicely :D

Glad to say the 'Fat ar*ed evil bitch' is back without costing me more money just in time for suprapod :D:d

You're now a single as well so i don't think it'll be that far and you never know, if you launch well and get traction ;)

Yeah right, could not get the launch right on the Auto, god knows how bad ill be in a manual. Oh then there is the little issue the powers jumped a little. :eyebrows:

If i've got room i put my 17" with R888's on in, if you want you can use them for a couple of runs to see the difference.

I was amazed when i swopped from the T1R's ;)

Just hope the MT's are good :eyebrows:

you are a ledgend really arnt you :D Thats very kind of you mate.

you taking the motor home etc?

Also will bring the auto diff I promised you all that time ago.

Taking motorhome down to Billing Friday tea time for the wekend, my mate is also coming down with his caravan.

I'm thinking of driving the car up to pod and he'll bring is motor so i've got 2 boot spaces for stuff :D