The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie in the south west

Guest nin73

Guest nin73

Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of a J spec TT and would like to say hi. Looking to use it to wind up M3's and have some track fun. It will be used 90% of the time on the road(till the track bug bites again that is) then a trip to the nurburgring once a year.

Quick question, are the standard brakes really that bad on these things as i nearly sh*t myself when i went for the anchors first time out after using the car in anger. Talk about spongy!!!! It has aftermarket grooved disks but don't fill me with a lot of hope.

Already budgeting for new lines, oil, pads, etc. as i need some brakes with some feel and bite. Been caught out on a motorbike on the track with major brake fade, don't fancy it with something weighing 1.5 tonnes!!

Guest nin73
Hi guys,

I am the proud owner of a J spec TT and would like to say hi.

Yep Jspec brakes which are spongy'er than a W.I fete.

Guest nin73

Hi,

Had brakes checked, apparently both rear calipers had seized and the front left had been sticking. Discs were heavily glazed, i have ordered so braided brakes lines and new pads so i should have some brakes soon!

Also slight oil leak on the transmission but nothing too bad to worry about.

New cambelt is in so that worry has gone.

Guest nin73
only ordering brake lines and pads will not help sticking calipers? you can kinda un seize caliper pistons but not that great. they will either need a referb or replacing!

Calipers have been cleaned and unsiezed. new pads and lines are to give me better feel.

Guest nin73

Car has had new belt and water pump, new coolant, new VSV's installed, oil, filter and plugs, braided hoses, pads and 5.1 oil and is currently having the air bled out overnight ready for me to collect in the morning.

:D