The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help please car went bang

Guest marlowssupra

Guest marlowssupra

car went bang and water pissing out of the over flow and rad is empty. keep topping it up but pissing out the over flow when the car gets hot . put it in a garage and said the head is f**ked . but it starts 1st time and all the power is there . just not to sure anyone know what i should look for . sorry about the spelling cant spell ha

Guest marlowssupra

thanks absxxxx . will try anything . they say the head.. dont know about cars but i thought if the head goes . wont start or power lose and goes white in the oil . but i got none of that . ie one

If you suspect they aren't very good then take it to another garage mate. Don't run it though, if you have no coolant running in the system you will end up destroying the engine, and you don't want to be cracking the head or anything.

was gonna say if its the head gasket you will get gunge under the rad cap or oil filler cap could be as simple as a rad cap replacement as said by absxxxx.if the rad cap has lost its ability to hold pressure then water will piss out when hot. be carefull mate some garages are not 100% cosher

Are they saying just head gasket or what, you need to find out, let me know tommorrow.

And here's me thinking you'd be sick of doing head work for a few days at least :D

Car was faultless on the drive back btw after the oil top-up. A few people gave thumbs up on the M25 when put my foot down a few times :eyebrows:

Marlow, trust me, Dude knows what he's doing on this subject, he's literally just refurbed my head!

was gonna say if its the head gasket you will get gunge under the rad cap or oil filler cap could be as simple as a rad cap replacement as said by absxxxx.if the rad cap has lost its ability to hold pressure then water will piss out when hot. be carefull mate some garages are not 100% cosher

You dont always get the white gunge dude, in fact my car has solid gunge round the filler cap and thats has NOT got a h gasket problem, it all depends on how the gasket or head has blown/cracked, if its gone from combustion chamber to waterway you will get no gunge, its the dipstick you need to check not the filler cap as any big engine that does not go on long runs will condensate in the cam covers etc.

You dont always get the white gunge dude, in fact my car has solid gunge round the filler cap and thats has NOT got a h gasket problem, it all depends on how the gasket or head has blown/cracked, if its gone from combustion chamber to waterway you will get no gunge, its the dipstick you need to check not the filler cap as any big engine that does not go on long runs will condensate in the cam covers etc.

Very true... I bought my little caddy van because it had a 'blown HG' and the filler cap was gunged... Pulled the dipstick when I got home and it was clean. There was absolutely nothing wrong with HG and it had just been used on small 2 mile runs :)

i stand corrected dude