The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im Excited!!!!!

Guest **Gareth**

Guest **Gareth**

Hi im going to look at a Supra on Sunday and really really want to buy it but im not too sure what to look out for. Is there any guides on what to look for?

Thanks[GRIN][/GRIN]

I am excited too.

*looks down*

do not let your excitement take over! you might be too happy and end up buying a bag of bolts and then your entire supra experience will be ruined.

use your mind and buy a good one!

good luck!

:yeahthat:

I bought the first supra I seen as I was so excited too. and I did buy a lemon and lost several thousand pound.

If you are in any doubt and I mean even the slightest doubt walk away, it can take months to find a good Supra.

Guest **Gareth**

Thanks for all the comments. No certainley not from KIEGHLY its from a friend of a friend. He's owned the car for a couple of years now and assures me its all ok. I do work in the motor trade in a volkswagen dealership so ive got an idea what to look for in general but didnt know if there was anything specific.??

Another major concern of mine was the mileage its currently got 120k on. i cuurently drive a passat diesel which has 145k on and still drives like new but ive had no experience what so ever with this type of car/engine before.

Just to note its a L reg 3.0n/a if this helps.

Thanks for all the comments. No certainley not from KIEGHLY its from a friend of a friend. He's owned the car for a couple of years now and assures me its all ok. I do work in the motor trade in a volkswagen dealership so ive got an idea what to look for in general but didnt know if there was anything specific.??

Another major concern of mine was the mileage its currently got 120k on. i cuurently drive a passat diesel which has 145k on and still drives like new but ive had no experience what so ever with this type of car/engine before.

Just to note its a L reg 3.0n/a if this helps.

the n/a engine is like the tt engine (bulletproof) if looked after, 12000 on a looked after engine is nothing on the supra

Thank god its not at KTC :D

Read up -due diligence; then armed with knowledge enjoy your day.

Only part with cash if you are happy.

mines done 120000 ish just like new, mind you its a TT as well, still pretty much on original everything

most of all have fun

Rich

Edited by Fifty (see edit history)

120km? Hardly even run in yet.

Plenty on here, mostly uk spec so have probably had salt and shitty roads all there lives are on the 200miles mark. Mines on 140miles and as clean as a whistle. (apart from needing valve stem seals and an overheating problem but its going in on monday :) )

The cars an import. It was imported to the uk in 98, What are parts like to obtain for imports?

Not a problem. you can go to Toyota here in the UK and use our marvellous traders right here on the forum :)

I've had my J-spec TT for 9 years and never ever had a problem getting bits for it ;)