The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wingless pics

Roy

afternoon gents - after having been much maligned by a select few on here (you know who you are!), i have finally decided to post up a few promised pics of the car without it's wing and wanted to know what you thought about the way it looked. pls be honest and constructive in your opinions/criticisms and make sure they are your own to avoid being influenced by the vocal few sheep on here (not you CJ!) ... :p

BTW - MattyH, Geeza, StevieM, SupraGuy and Dude, pls don't feel like you absolutely have to make a comment !

Different :)

Shouldn't spoilers be on these cars though, i don't think Toyota made them with such big spoilers for just looks, the spoilers in line with the window so i think some thought went into this to keep the back end down.

Suppose you won't be doing 180mph everyday in it though, :)

A wingless Aerotop - that's gotta be quite rare :eek:

I'm a wing fan, but I think it can look 'okay' without a wing.

However, I think the car looks a bit 'back-end-y', very bulky behind the rear wheels. But I think this is because of the angle you've taken the shots at.

If I may suggest, take a photo at more eye-height so we can better see what it looks like. The angle you've used isn't one people are going to view the car at every day. Look in my 'A new look for my Supra' thread to see the kind of photo I mean.

It could just be a combination of the rear spat and exhaust hanging down that's giving it the bulky back end, but I'd like to see an eye-height photo first before deciding one way or the other.

So the best I could offer at the moment is 'Not sure'

dave - that is a very good point! will try and get pics at eye level and see if that makes a difference to people's eyes ...

lee - :twak: bah, go lower your arches! ............................. LOL :p

i thought the side profile pic with the top on looked quite good and with the top off - absolutely scrumptious ! :innocent: :D