The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help please!!! Active Spoiler

96sz

Does anyone know if the facelift dash needs a facelift specific active spoiler switch?

I am asking because i tried to get my spoiler wired in today and the garage said my switch was too big for the middle blanking plate.:(

Also, is it common to have the connectors behind the bumper but not behind the dash panels? They could not find any connectors to fit the ECU or switch,but found some that were the wrong shape to connect up! Is there some sort of extra harness i need or would i be better off Getting a loom and manual switch controller from Garfy?(if he is still doing them!)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Got a manual controller delivered last week from Garfy, superb bit of kit! Mine didnt have the connectors behind the dash or the plug for the motor he wired a complete loom for me and is really fairly priced also!

Also my switch is in the right slot of the 3!

Thanks for the replies lads. I have PM`ed Garfy to find out about his box and loom. Just a shame i cant find the wiring as i have already bought an ECU and a Blitz Active Spoiler Controller. On the switch, looks like i may have to remove my alarm override so i can fit it in the right side.

Mine's a facelift and the switch came from a pre-facelift car so ... I think the answer's "No, no special switch required".

My switch is in the 'standard' position - the right-most slot available. I moved my alarm override switch from here to inside the centre console storage box.

All active spoiler wiring was already in place, just had to plug-in (the switch socket was taped back against some other part of the loom, alongside the transmission tunnel - where tour left knee would be), including ECU that has it's own custom slot behind the radio (above something to do with ABS?)

Edited by spartan
Extra info. re location of wiring (see edit history)

Guest Garfy

Not all cars have the full wiring loom, mine didn't, it had the plug behind the front bumper but nothing behind the dash, thats why I developed the manual controller in the first place, because I needed it, then I realised I could develop it further to work with cars that do have the loom, that way they could have manual control without cutting any of the original loom, therefore making it fully reversable.

The switch should be fitted in the R/H blanking panel, it is the same for facelift and non-facelift.