The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yet another newbie!

mark3

Hello guys, im Mark from Essex, i am a mobile mechanic and an owner of a white 1988 mkiii 3.0i turbo with mods, its ok for near on 21 years old and got a second place trophy at last years JAE from the mkiii UK supra owners group, 2nd place in best UK Supra category!

thought i come and say hi over here and see whats going on.....lol

So hello to you all.....

hey !!! welcome!! dien to see some pictures! :D

Ok but beware, its a mkiii, lol

Ive done a lot of work o it this year, its still not done but will be hopefully in time for JAE!

And my sexy new blow off valve, that before anyone says, now has Mikalors holding it in place, lol

Currently undergoing bodywork to the rear, pre facelift spoiler being swapped for a nice jap spec facelift with led brake lights.

Battery relocated to boot, expansion bottle relocated to battery space, still stock turbo but wil be running at 18psi when done so somewhere around 350hp...its been lowered has Spec stage 3 6x puck clutch, Cometic 1.4 mls and Cometic metal ex manifold gasket ARP stud/nuts, alternator reolocated too, clear adjustable cam pulley cover, Aeromotive afpr, greddy profec B boost controler, HKS fuel cut defender, HKS vpc, titan downpipe and Tanabe system, and loads other stuff too, lol oh JDM rear lamps and electronic tailgate release!

wanna get some decent wheels for it soon, got my eye on a set of 18" alloys with 265 rears and 235 fronts!

Edited by mark3 (see edit history)

Nice engine bay.

Do you think you'll get a MKIV or are you happy with the MK3?

i am happy with the mkiii AND i do want a mk4, lol

mk4's are just technicaly better cars! there newer so i spose its obvious, Toyota learned a lot from the mkiii and put it all right with the mk4, although i do love the torque monster that is the 7MGTE engine....get it right and it lights up the rears in 2nd! specially with a n/a diff, lol

I got a few other cars too but they not JAP so thought best to keep stumm about them, lol (although one has JAP engine)

Welcome. Your car looks stunning. I will say I like it but not keen on the white wheels. I love the engine shots, the colour coded body panel strips, clear timing belt cover etc. Really can see you have put a lot of quality work into the car.

I used to have a 91 Turbo model myself, still to this day they are great cars and nice to see that the odd nice ones and cherised examples are out there.

Guest SupraTroopa

Stunner of a mkiii. I had a mkiii n/a before getting my mkiv tt and I loved it. It was nowhere near as nice as yours but then again I did buy mine for £500!

I do still have a soft spot for the mkiii and would love to get another.

Anyway welcome mate!