The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I.T.S warning

dr_jekyll

Just a quick warning to anyone that ever considers sending ther turbo to I.T.S for service or repair.

i recently sent my turbo to I.T.S for what i was told would be a free quote on replaceing the oil seals .

after reciving a huge quote i declined and asked for my turbo to be ruturned.

my turbo was returned today in a box , in every individual pice , i sent a full turbo and recived a bag of nuts in returne .

this was annoying and an inconvienince but it got alot worse wen i looked closer at the parts.

the bearings wer not in the bag. 3 of the threads that hold the cold side on had been striped , the cold side housing has a dent. and 2 of thbe 4 torx had been rounded off .

wen i rang to complain, i recived the worst costomer service i have ever recived . i was dissmissed and talked over and basicly told tuff . i run a busness my self and would never treat a costomer in that manner.

so my turbo is now well beond economical repair . luckily b'have has offerd me a precision gt3088 at a good price so my car wont be dead for too long

so just in case anybody ever thinks of using ther services . i would not reccomend it

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

How can companies get away with this sort of thing, returning goods that are damaged/unsuitable etc yet the customer seems to be helpless against them?

This happens every day to many people. Can only sympathise with your situation and experience...... at least it sounds like you seem happy with a forthcomming unit.

I also run a business and for me its always customer service first, even sent goods out to people I don't know trusting they would send a cheque as they did not have a credit debit card to use via the site etc. If thera re any problems I replace/refund immediately and then do the leg work.

Ring him back and and tell him you'll offer him the free service of telling everyone that you come across in your business what an awful company I.T.S are and that you wouldn't touch them with someone elses barge pole.

Joking apart I wouldn't let this lie personally and I'd be checking the small print and getting some advice from Trading Standards. This is no way to operate a business and the guy sounds like he deserves for his business to fold. A free turbo seal check does not mean "return my turbo in a 1000 pieces" however you word it.

If I got nowhere with that I would spend the next few weeks registering on every car/turbo forum in the land and explain what what happened so that no other poor soul uses this company.

Ring him back and and tell him you'll offer him the free service of telling everyone that you come across in your business what an awful company I.T.S are and that you wouldn't touch them with someone elses barge pole.

Joking apart I wouldn't let this lie personally and I'd be checking the small print and getting some advice from Trading Standards. This is no way to operate a business and the guy sounds like he deserves for his business to fold. A free turbo seal check does not mean "return my turbo in a 1000 pieces" however you word it.

If I got nowhere with that I would spend the next few weeks registering on every car/turbo forum in the land and explain what what happened so that no other poor soul uses this company.

ill be contacting trading standards today. i was just goin to let it go , but the more i think about it the angryer i get and if i let it go how many more people will they cost money.