The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4 x 18" wheels in a Supra?

Branners

Due to very complicated logistics I have to drive my 18" wheels from Milton Keynes to Ibrar in Birmingham but I have to use my Supra.

So how exactly do you get 4 x 18" wheels in a Supra? I know it can be done, but can anybody explain how they did it? It will be just me in the Supra and nothing else.

Tyres are 235 front and 265 rear so not massive if that helps.

When I bought mine, upon viewing the car and leaving a deposit I brought 2 of them back with me in the C70.

When I went to collect the Supra, with the rear seat down, I could only get 2 of the OE 17" alloys in. I have no idea how I would have got a 3rd or 4th alloy in had i not taken 2 previously.

Take out the panel that is under the boot carpet and that covers the spare wheel. This will allow you to put one front wheel in the boot with the rear seats still up (no panel/board means it will sit just a little lower and not hit the hatch plastic)

Two can then be put in the back seats, both upright but only one will be able to be rested on the seat (drivers side) the other will be wedged between this and the side panels (need protection/padding here). The last one can ride shotgun in the front. I'd slide the seat back to wedge the back seat ones in place and use the seat belt to secure the front one.

Guest blueangel

we fit them in by first letting the tyres down then 3 in the back with the rear seat folded down rear wheels closer to the front and 1 front wheel at the back to allow the boot to be closed then 1 on the front seat

Guest horny_devil

try matt-h's way, i did the same way when i bought the wheels and my tyres are the same as yours!!!!!

one in the frount has to b 265 (rear) one!!!!

I carried all 4 17" with tyres back from Crawley on Saturday. With my better half in the passenger seat too. They're 8" front and 9" rears.

Put a front on the back seat behind the driver, angled forwards towards the door. Then the other front and a rear on the rest of the seat, upright. Releasew the seat back and push it forwards and the last wheel will sit far enough forward in the boot to close it safely.

Nothing unbolted or even removed and the spare in place if you need it :)

HTH

K.

Guest Budz86

Branners, have you not been out to try it yet? I would have thought one up front, 2 on the rear seat's and one in the boot

One on the passenger seat, one in the boot, two on the rear seats?

This can be done, i drove up to Kerons in my supra and brought back 4 19" alloys (with tyres) with me!

Well i think 1 went in the boot...if not maybe 2 in the front with 1 on the seat and 1 on the floor...i cant remember?? But either way all 4 came back with me :)

As shown in other posts it can be done in many different ways.

When I collected mine not long back I put one in the front seat, and with the rear seats folded down (without placing a wheel under it) I placed one of the rear wheels as far into front left corner of the space as it would go, the other rear wheel was placed next to it, diagonally, resting on top of the other. Then the last wheel went in completely flat in front of the others.