The mkiv Supra Owners Club

walbro pump getting fitted

Lee_e

The more modified, higher power Supras will need a bigger fuel pump to supply the injectors with fuel just as quick as it's being used. If your car is stock, you shouldn't need a pump any more capable than stock.

As you move from a stock car and modify it an increasing amount, transitions occur between where you could, then should, then must upgrade the fuel pump. In fact I need to the round to fitting my Bosch 044 pump (and upgrade from the Walbro!) as the Walbro is not quite up to the job for my Supra's spec.

well im pretty much at BPU now so all i need is fuel pump and fcd which is on order and will be fitted very soon. so will i get worse mpg ? if what you say is true then when i give it the beans it will drink more?

well im pretty much at BPU now so all i need is fuel pump and fcd which is on order and will be fitted very soon. so will i get worse mpg ? if what you say is true then when i give it the beans it will drink more?

More power is enabled through putting in the mods necessary to throw more air and petrol into the engine (assuming all other things being equal, e.g. intake air temp).

If you then choose to drive about with a heavy right foot, you'll use that extra power (and therefore the extra fuel to create that power), and thus lower (worsen) your MPG: but if you drive it slow & steady 99% of the time you'll probbaly not notice a difference in your MPG. Prime example: a stock NA (225bhp) and your soon to be BPU (~370bhp) my single turbo Supra (570bhp) will get similar MPG during motorway cruising.

Regarding my opening sentence: what size injectors have you got - is your car UK or J-Spec?

its a jspec and as far as im concerned there just standard. well wont be looking for savage power like yours for a long time lol so the walbro will do me for bpu ?

J-Spec inectors are 440cc IIRC, and will run out of puff at some point but think they're ok for BPU. Follow the >> BPU