The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RSE Motorsports Supe on PistonHeads

SupraAyf

1000 hp?

Any Supe is capable of 1000HP if you do the right mods.

This is still a twin from what I can see so I assume he doesnt mean with the current set-up and a mapping?

Correct me if I'm wrong. (as if someone wouldn't :D)

It has two turbos yes, hardly the stock set up though ..... Im sure 1000bhp wouldnt be too much of a problem... Edited by jacko (see edit history)

It does need a bit of work as it's not even mapped! They want offers on 25K? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, as soon as you have engine troubles they'll blame the mapping. For that money it should be coming finished and fully mapped with an independent hub dyno print out and maybe a few stamped and logged time slips from power runs up a drag strip.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Guest johnnie
It does need a bit of work as it's not even mapped! They want offers on 25K? Sounds like a recipe for disaster, as soon as you have engine troubles they'll blame the mapping. For that money it should be coming finished and fully mapped with an independent hub dyno print out and maybe a few stamped and logged rime slips from power runs up a drag strip.

Totally agree

sorry but i dont see whats wrong with the colour :(

one thing i did notice it said this engine is only just run in, it was in jap performance over a year ago so whats it been doing since if its taken a year to run in?

I remember RSE talking about this car nearly 2 years ago. I can't see any difference since back then, so I'm surprised that it never even got finished or tested (or maybe it did and I missed it?). Something to steer clear of, methinks.

I agree that such a car should come ready to rock n roll and dare I say for that price you have to expect the car to be spot on in every respect with no initial outlay required. The NOS is a big issue for me personally - far to easy to mess that stuff up and end up with problems. Personally I'd be looking elsewhere.

In fact, IIRC, there was a Top Secret Supra imported some months ago, probably not pushing 1000bhp or so but for £25k or so it was being sold for it was a fully finished car!

Edited by DSK (see edit history)

When this much money is spent building, why oh why would a tuner not fully map the car, it makes no sense at all, I would not touch it with a barge pole unless fully mapped and dyno proven

I remember RSE talking about this car nearly 2 years ago. I can't see any difference since back then, so I'm surprised that it never even got finished or tested (or maybe it did and I missed it?). Something to steer clear of, methinks.

I am sure this was the car at the show and shine @ JAE 2006. I remember being right next to the guy with the mic interviewing the owner who said back then it has just been built and they are running it, and was due to go on the dyno in appx 500 miles.

Guest Supra2

going back 3-4 years ago before "RSE" was officially a "company" this car was built and finished in the same way it is now by TDI PLC. RSE then was tooting around showing it as a company demo they built. :search:

its hard to get punters to buy one of jurgens 12k or 15k "Complete" supras as it is so 25k for an aquired taste of mods and colour is going to be a struggle.

respect to the detail gone into the project though rather than the so many nasty "chaved" up supras out there today :rolleyes:

i am sure for roughly that kind money they would be able to get the car finished on the dyno properly for a new customer if you were genuinely interested in buying.