The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first single turbo experience..WHOAAAAA

supra_aero

Ok its been a while since I was in a fast car.

I have been in a single rx7 but that was a long time ago. Anyway I'll cut to the chase.

Adnan came over to collect some indicators from me on Saturday. So I cheekily said, " Hey Adnan, any chance you can take me for a spin".

He kindly accepted my request. :D

So I strap myself into his recaro passenger seat. I notice the car is significantly louder than before but ignore...my old NA was loud so that can mean anything. :search:

He turns right out of my road and boots it a little. I am mildly impressed. It's fast but not £10k worth of tuning parts fast.

We wait at the lights - people eyeing his midnight purple supra. I admire the weather and the peeps.

Lights go to green,...

whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa - "arghhhhhh!" I am screaming trying to grab something. :shock:

The supra dash falls away from you so there is nothing to hold on to. I am scrambling like an idiot. I owned one of these cars, why are my senses playing games. It's so so so so fast its unreal. And the sound scares me as much as the sound.

I clabbering around like an ogre eventually find something to hold.

I find the 'jesus handle' as its appropriately called. Holding on for my dear life.

We stop at the next lights, which seems like a decade later.

My heart is racing... I have never been in an object that fast.

Adnan then calmly says "that was only 1.2 bar, we can go to 1.5 bar".

:faint:

He shows me 1.5 bar a few moments later. I think the whole of East London heard us. The rest of the drive I am holding on to the handle for my dear life.

I mean anyone who has never been in one I urge you to go in one. I am now having second thoughts about getting a rx7.

More than the speed, its the sound and the fear of the brakes working which add to the whole experience. I am used to have a NA with tiny brakes and psychologically don't expect his supra to stop quickly enough...suffice to say it does.

My friends, a single turbo'd supra is awesome. My respect for the supra has been raised.

Toyota..R-e-s-p-e-c-t. :yu:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok its been a while since I was in a fast car.

I have been in a single rx7 but that was a long time ago. Anyway I'll cut to the chase.

Adnan came over to collect some indicators from me on Saturday. So I cheekily said, " Hey Adnan, any chance you can take me for a spin".

He kindly accepted my request. :D

So I strap myself into his recaro passenger seat. I notice the car is significantly louder than before but ignore...my old NA was loud so that can mean anything. :search:

He turns right out of my road and boots it a little. I am mildly impressed. It's fast but not £10k worth of tuning parts fast.

We wait at the lights - people eyeing his midnight purple supra. I admire the weather and the peeps.

Lights go to green,...

whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa - "arghhhhhh!" I am screaming trying to grab something. :shock:

The supra dash falls away from you so there is nothing to hold on to. I am scrambling like an idiot. I owned one of these cars, why are my senses playing games. It's so so so so fast its unreal. And the sound scares me as much as the sound.

I clabbering around like an ogre eventually find something to hold.

I find the 'jesus handle' as its appropriately called. Holding on for my dear life.

We stop at the next lights, which seems like a decade later.

My heart is racing... I have never been in an object that fast.

Adnan then calmly says "that was only 1.2 bar, we can go to 1.5 bar".

:faint:

He shows me 1.5 bar a few moments later. I think the whole of East London heard us. The rest of the drive I am holding on to the handle for my dear life.

I mean anyone who has never been in one I urge you to go in one. I am now having second thoughts about getting a rx7.

More than the speed, its the sound and the fear of the brakes working which add to the whole experience. I am used to have a NA with tiny brakes and psychologically don't expect his supra to stop quickly enough...suffice to say it does.

My friends, a single turbo'd supra is awesome. My respect for the supra has been raised.

Toyota..R-e-s-p-e-c-t. :yu:

there awsome aint they ;)

Charles! i never ran the car more than 1.0 bar! lol ryan hasnt mapped it to 1.5 bar yet! lol the first few times i didnt full throttle, the big launch i full throttled! :D

glad you enjoyed it buddy!!! thanks for the indicators by the way!

What bar was the first run? It was less than the latter runs then?

Still shockingly quick. Shocking. Cars that quick should be banned from the road.:p

Truly,... I mean truly savage.

I still can't see reason why people want a vehicle to go so fast. lol.

Ridiculously quick. The noise is just something else when that turbo kicks.

Still having nightmares about it :D

its for "safer overtaking" :innocent:

I'm not going to bother with BPU etc., after going in a single car there is no reason to go for anything else.

*goes off to looks through mkiv classified ads.

Have you ever driven a Supra TT with BPU? They're not slow either you know :D And if you only had an N/A before, a TT would be more than quick enough.

Guest Budz86

Lol, although to be fair it always seems 10x faster in the passenger seat than driving. Not sure why, maybe it's a control thing

I'm not going to bother with BPU etc., after going in a single car there is no reason to go for anything else.

*goes off to looks through mkiv classified ads.

My TT BPU is lightening quick and is available for £29,000.

Have you ever driven a Supra TT with BPU? They're not slow either you know :D And if you only had an N/A before, a TT would be more than quick enough.

Yeh a went in Mr Ralph man's UK BPU supra. It's very quick, but the single was just something else.

The noise on full boost is just ridiculous,...arghhhhhh - I love it! :D

its the waste gate that makes that jet take off like sound. i be honest i myself am very impressed with the car. 1 day after finishing the fitting of the engine i had it mapped and then on llandow track were it just kept pounding round and round, didnt miss a beat! i love my car and was well worth all the effort and money!

its the waste gate that makes that jet take off like sound. i be honest i myself am very impressed with the car. 1 day after finishing the fitting of the engine i had it mapped and then on llandow track were it just kept pounding round and round, didnt miss a beat! i love my car and was well worth all the effort and money!

Adnan, which turbo did you go for? And why? :)

I remember going in Dudes car when he had mine in for BPUing, made me a bit disappointed with BPU when I picked it up though. :D

Know whaty you mean - JamieP kindly took me out a wee spin and BPU is just not cutting it now