The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help!! Supra failed NCT for emissions!!!

Garyafc

Right well brought the supra in for its nct and it failed emissions, at low ilde the car failed at 0.55% (0.5% is a fail) and at high idle it failed at 0.63% (0.3% is a fail), now i know it is a decat but does anybody know if a cat will fix this and if so where will i get one, all help appricated!!!

Right well brought the supra in for its nct and it failed emissions, at low ilde the car failed at 0.55% (0.5% is a fail) and at high idle it failed at 0.63% (0.3% is a fail), now i know it is a decat but does anybody know if a cat will fix this and if so where will i get one, all help appricated!!!

is it double decat'd? - supes will pass with 1 cat in,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MITCH 99

Emission readings are crazy over nct limits, cat is fine so i think its ecu issue plus remap.any thoughts.......

hks or greddy??

• 2 weeks later...
methanol what is this.mines a non tbo standard exhaust and emmissions are too high!!

Maxol's E85

http://www.maxol.ie/maxol-bioethanol-e85.html

My NCT is in October, last time it failed due to reg plate 5mm too small, wouldnt even mind but the visual re-test was done from over 7 meters away, they must have Bi-noc-ulars for eyes

First thing when the car rolled in at a side profile, he ran over with the measuring tape to the rear, and after that they had 4 mechanics on the car, and only 4 where working at the time

Every other car only had 1 mechanic testing it, I am all for safety but I dont like when they go out of there way to fail u, bunch of SOB's

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

My supra jst passed a couple of weeks ago. Put irish plates on little over a year ago and nct'd it in mullingar they only gave me a year and cracked my side skirt. Anyway passed again this time in athlone and looking at the sheet my breaks, shocks and most other things done better this time round (all the same parts) :search: i think nct is a joke.