The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fines for bad driving

Kopite

B@stards! watch the driving fellas :D

"drivers face £100 fines in a crackdown on bad driving which has caused fury among motoring organisations

London councils, instead of police, can now fine drivers for offences such as wrongly driving into a box junction or turning right across a restricted lane.

Hundreds of bus lane cameras will be used to catch drivers out, and any money raised will be kept to fund transport improvements"

I'm all for a scheme like this *but* not one that is controlled by computers - if someone is driving like a goon and deserves a fine then so be it but what if you have to move out of the way of an ambulance or swerve to avoid another car that has pulled out on you - a person would see this and you'd avoid a fine but a camera will just find you guilty regardless of the circumstances.

This is the problem with things these days - too much automation and not enough real policing.

How long before it ends up like Screamers ?

I got a £100 bus lane violation the other day.

Sent it back to the council telling them to get stuffed. Have not heard back since.

I had to move in to the bus lane due to an emergency vehicle approaching from behind!

I was told that they would not care about that I was still in the bus lane!

Things are being taken a little to far in this country for my liking. Im either just gonna pack up my shit and go or there will need to be some changes made!

Why do we always just take it!

We are such a nice bunch of suckers!

Also if the Tuned car law comes in. i.e. in 2 years no tuned cars? Not very likely but if it does I will just ignore it.

Im so fed up this morning :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

hehe imagine the protest from tuned cars.. bring london to a standstill with good exhaust notes ;)

I don't think people protest enough these days :)

speaking of which, I had a moan at my local shell station today for putting optimax up to 83.9p today.. they said "oh it's the tax increase" but couldn't explain why they put it up another penny before the budget! :confused:

haha well in mate :thumbs: was it a bus lane camera that got you? whats the tuned car law, not heard of that one! any more info?

Originally posted by TRD3000GT

I got a £100 bus lane violation the other day.

Sent it back to the council telling them to get stuffed. Have not heard back since.

I had to move in to the bus lane due to an emergency vehicle approaching from behind!

I was told that they would not care about that I was still in the bus lane!

Things are being taken a little to far in this country for my liking. Im either just gonna pack up my shit and go or there will need to be some changes made!

Why do we always just take it!

We are such a nice bunch of suckers!

Also if the Tuned car law comes in. i.e. in 2 years no tuned cars? Not very likely but if it does I will just ignore it.

Im so fed up this morning :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

Originally posted by scally_kopite7

very true michale BUT they probably designed it that way to get more money out of the honest motorist!

No doubt about it, the system has been designed to create revenue rather than to improve driving standards or reduce accidents - the annoying thing is that everyone knows this and they still do it!

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/vbb/images/smilies/extra/matrixfight.gif

especially with petrol prices due to rise again! :baa: was on the news yesterday that the oil company (forgot the name, Ortec or something) is reducing its production so suppliers are going to be raising their prices a bit. they were talking about petrol costs being at their highest since the gulf war! i was only 10 (:D) when the war started so i have no idea what petrol costs were back then! not sure if it'll affect you lot too much, shell get their own oil don't they? :stupid:

Originally posted by Scooter

if your really miffed it seems to me that the easiest solution is to remove your plates.

only a fine and probably a producer / rectification thingy, or even possibly a let off like Lust2luv etc.

Better and cheaper still just steal a car drive with no tax MOT or insurance, mow people down left right and centre, have a blatant disregard for any driving law, and just generally be a twat and only get six months suspended sentence if and when they ever manage to catch you.

Originally posted by Andyp

speaking of which, I had a moan at my local shell station today for putting optimax up to 83.9p today.. they said "oh it's the tax increase" but couldn't explain why they put it up another penny before the budget! :confused:

Tax increase on Petrol is frozen until September. Looks like they are cashing in trying to catch Joe Public out.!! WANKERS! :sex:

Lets all jack in our jobs, road tax, insurance, etc., find a big field and park our cars up together and become a bunch of Supra owning pikeys. no-one will touch us then because they'll be too busy going after the rest of the population who are daft enough to try to get on and live useful lives. :mad:

Those are chavs/ townies that drive max power cars and wear lots of gold jewellery and Burberry hats etc in that link.

Pikeys are different they steal new transits / Toyota landcrusiers and Shoguns and new caravans then go to a field in a group of 20. Leave more rubbish than believable all over the place terrorise the locals then move on.

Pikeys are like gypsys i think

got this off the chav board

"wot iz it wid all dese f*ckin goth n greb freaks io suggest dat all go n ave a bath get sum deodrant n get sum dress sense n looks wot iz wid em usin full eng all da f*ckin time n ritin a essay, get a life

grebs n goths if u fink we r da scum n all dat s*it say 5 reasons y u r so good u need 2 serisouly get a life

n wot iz da point in taking secret pic of us lot n puttin dem on ere? ave u got a life i dnt fink so........

i wud rather b a chav den a greb n e day

u r out numbred cuz da chav gangs r growin wicked"

right i hope that is a p!ss take, i couldn't be bothered reading the rest! if it's not though, surely it takes a lot of effort to write that crap!

i hate chavs they're ruined it for everyone!

i love white trainers and i wear a lot of designer clothes, that's all! i don't wear gold etc or baseball caps but people still label me a scally coz of the rest. oh well! as long as you all know i'm not a chav/scally/scum!

:D