The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SZ-R Non Starter

Steve W2

He guys I have a 1994 SZ-R that has been sitting around in a car park for about 6 months now after bing imported into this country.

I went to strt it the other day and unsurprisingly wouldn't start. I got some jump leads on the battery and got it going but it keeps dying when you let off the accelerator.

I drove fine before it was rested, do you think it just needs a new battery or could there be something else wrong?

Cheers

How can I drive it? When I try and reverse, even when keeping the revs up it dies?

I'm goinf to have to replace the battery anyway I suppose so that would be a starting point. If that doesnt work I will have to try and get some jerry can of petrol and some fuel line cleaner and see if that works.

SupNA - I would if I knew what the IAC valve was!! I am not very meachanically minded. I am actually a mechanical engineer but am crap with anything practical like that!

:)

Cheers for the responses though guys:innocent:

Bung some octane booster in it that should pep the fuel up enough to get it going. And once the fuel in the lines is gone it should stabilise nicely. I have this problem with the boat engine after I have left the thing sat in my garden for months

What makes you think the battery is nadged?? Recharge it properly and see how long it holds a charge as batteries aren't cheap.

If you look at the pic below the IAC is the black thing with wires coming out in front of the throttle body. Next to it (To the right on the picture) which looks like the same thing is the throttle position sensor. Screws are a bit tough though as they are threadlocked in I believe. Another option would be to remove the big black pipe and spray carb/air filter cleaner into the throttle body and aim down the little hole in the inside of the throttle body to get into the IAC. Or it could be duff petrol as everyone else says.

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgibin/photopost/data/620/1830603_083905X-med.jpg

Originally posted by dangerous brain

What was wrong with the MR2 you only had that a few weeks?

Was it too fast for ya?

No but it might be too fast for you:D I wnt faster tha 112 leptons:p

I bought with th view of making some money on it as it was cheap. I thought if it doesn't sell I might keep it.:conf:

I'm off home now anyway as I hear the GF calling me from hear!!:eek:

Well to keep you guys informed the car seemed okay after the battery had some juice in it!

I gave it a run and it goes quite well. The sound of the engine is better than the TT in my opinion, a bit more 6 cyliderish and sporty.

Not close on performance though:confused:

Cheers for the help peeps.;)