The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help finding wheels

DannyW

Hi guys,

I'm after a new set of wheels for my recently aquired black supra, i havent got masses of money to spend, £700 maximum really (including tyres).

Ive found a couple of sets on ebay that look nice e.g. ebay wheels

I quite like these but does anybody know of other places that sell staggered width alloys with tyres for this kind of price?

there are usually some wheels knocking about in the For Sale section. Some nice ones that would work well on a black car.

It is worth waiting for a bargain wheel to come up rather than buying cheap wheels with cheap tyres. The cheap wheels weigh a huge amount which can affect handling, and cheap tyres may well end in disaster.

So I would wait around for some nice wheels to come up on the forum.

Thanks for the advice guys, and you are, of course, right.

The problem being that the current wheels and tyres are the same width front and back (225 width tyres on 7" rims) Which i found out to my peril yesterday, are absolutely lethal in the wet even when driving like a grandad (like i usually do).

The other option was to buy some stock uk wheels and tyres (off the forum) and refurb them myself. I'm just not sure i'd be happy with those long term.

The other option was to buy some stock uk wheels and tyres (off the forum) and refurb them myself. I'm just not sure i'd be happy with those long term.

If you did do that you wouldnt be out of pocket as its not like you would make a loss on them or anything when you decide to upgrade later.

If you did do that you wouldnt be out of pocket as its not like you would make a loss on them or anything when you decide to upgrade later.

Been and collected some uk wheels with excellent tyres this morning, wheels need a refurb though so thats my job for the next few days.