The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Baby seats

Ian R

Fear not its not for me. But someone is thinking of buying my aero top and has asked if what baby seats fit in the rear of the supra.

Looking for seats that range from 24 months upto 7 years old.

I know this has been covered before just looking for some up to date info. I have noticed the Britax Freeway fits but it does not seem to be widely available any more.

Thanks in advance for replies

cheers Ian

I'm just about to try out my Maxi Cosi baby seat this afternoon for the first time. I'll let you know how it works out :)

And I can't believe I've just typed that out...

Edit: Just seen the age range you're referring to...oops. (my rascal is only 13 days old)

*Must read thread thoroughly before replying*

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

I'm just about to try out my Maxi Cosi baby seat this afternoon for the first time. I'll let you know how it works out :)

And I can't believe I've just typed that out...

Edit: Just seen the age range you're referring to...oops. (my rascal is only 13 days old)

*Must read thread thoroughly before replying*

let us know how it goes as mine is only 13 hours old :) so also looking for a seat to fit :)

A child seat for 2+ years will fit in the rear. I only had problems with the seats they use between 6 months and 2 year (those with the 5 point harness) as they are pretty big and the child touches the front seats with the feet.

As for now, (whe I have the seats in :)), my 2.5 year old daughter can take place in the rear without worrying about leg freedom.

Luc

The deep buckets in the back of the Supra limit your choices a bit - we tried a few that didn't fit before going with the Maxi Cosy Tobi - the base on it is still not narrow enough to go all the way to the base of the seat, but it's narrow enough to wedge sufficiently tightly into it (where other, wider-based models just sit on top and slide about).

The deep buckets in the back of the Supra limit your choices a bit - we tried a few that didn't fit before going with the Maxi Cosy Tobi - the base on it is still not narrow enough to go all the way to the base of the seat, but it's narrow enough to wedge sufficiently tightly into it (where other, wider-based models just sit on top and slide about).

We use a Maxi Cosi Tobi too. Tried loads out and this was the only one we could find to fit.

• 1 month later...

I'm also very interested in this as i'm dying to take my son out in the supra .

I'm trying to find a britax freeway as from what i understand and have read these are best suited to the supra but as said before these are hard to come by now , but i can find some thing called the britax prince , these look to be the same , as anyone had any experience with these ?