The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michelin Pilot Sport!

JamieP

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Michelins are probably one of the best performance vs wear tyres for a road car. They last for ever but give a good level of performance.

However I doubt long term wear is generally a concern for you and your tyres so perhaps something with a faster wear rate would be better.

The Michelins are probably one of the best performance vs wear tyres for a road car. They last for ever but give a good level of performance.

However I doubt long term wear is generally a concern for you and your tyres so perhaps something with a faster wear rate would be better.

Yup, on a bpu im sure they would be fine, with 600bhp i got zero traction from them this evening, felt like i was driving in the rain tbh.

Normal ones, im sure the cups would be a lot better.:)

£270 each for the normal ones? :shock: They're just over £100 in stock 17" sizes!

Couple of laps around llandow should sort those out, how about trying the Dunlop DZ03's next? ;)

How far down can you run the R888's before they are no good at all ?, Can they be run when worn down until slicks ? ( on a track ).

I found the R888's to go a bit squidgy on track after a few laps tbh, i think they are a great street tyre, they put the power down so well on the street, i get almost no wheelspin with them but next time im on track i think im gonna get a spare set of wheels and some proper slicks.

£270 each for the normal ones? :shock: They're just over £100 in stock 17" sizes!

Couple of laps around llandow should sort those out, how about trying the Dunlop DZ03's next? ;)

I may have got stitched up with them, its all i could get at short notice, yeah the Michelins will no doubt get better when they have worn down a bit.

I found the R888's to go a bit squidgy on track after a few laps tbh, i think they are a great street tyre, they put the power down so well on the street, i get almost no wheelspin with them but next time im on track i think im gonna get a spare set of wheels and some proper slicks.

The R888 have an optimum pressure and temp, if you are running 30+ PSI cold on track they will be outside there zone after a couple of laps, if you drive sideways alot then even less.

The R888 have an optimum pressure and temp, if you are running 30+ PSI cold on track they will be outside there zone after a couple of laps, if you drive sideways alot then even less.

Whats the optimum pressure to run them on track? i never touched them.