The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra in the rain near accident

SupraTRD83

Well me and Jess where just coming off the round about and was about to go down to the A38. As we where just entering the junction I hit a puddle on my rear wheels and the Supra just went sideways (safe to say I shit myself), but I managed to control the skid and save the car from going all 360, so there we are sideways down the junction and must have been sideways for around 50yard then the car finnally came to a holt then slowly went backwards and hit the other curb then mounting the grass verge. Everyone stopped to see if we where ok and I couldnt believe there was no damage to the car and only problem was Jess was left a little shaken up. Really fortunate and just hope there isn't any problems yet to occur with the car and just glad I somehow managed to control the skid enough to not hurt us or the car, weird thing was as we went sideways I could see the front end of the car chopping up the grass on the nearside verge and grass was all over the bonnet when we came to a stop we where on the other side. Just glad it didnt happen on the actual carrigeway. Rear wheels in the rain :( be carefull owners.

Glad nobody was hurt!

Can I ask a few things?

a) how fast were you going?

b) were you accelerating or decelerating?

c) were you turning?

Really pleased nobody was hurt and it sounds like a good save!

My fault really, We where going around 30-35mphmph and I was accelerating towards the turn once I was about to turn I was going to move away from the accelerator but by then we had already hit the puddle.

Don't know if this helps but this is my poor artistic view on it.

As you can see I was accelerating towards the corner but as we hit the puddle I was turning to go around the corner and then went sideways all way to the bottom of that junction, The Supra wanted to go 360 or thats how it felt so I just turned into the skid and held on for dear life

SupraSkid.JPG

Don't know if this helps but this is my poor artistic view on it.

As you can see I was accelerating towards the corner but as we hit the puddle I was turning to go around the corner and then went sideways all way to the bottom of that junction, The Supra wanted to go 360 or thats how it felt so I just turned into the skid and held on for dear life

Awesome sketch.

I think I will continue to drive like a granny in the wet. This is where a Skyline can be a nicer car to drive I guess...

Awesome sketch.

I think I will continue to drive like a granny in the wet. This is where a Skyline can be a nicer car to drive I guess...

That is some of my best work with paint ;)

yeah i'm going to be exactly the same now, just been so hot for days guess I got used to that style of driving like an idiot

That is some of my best work with paint ;)

yeah i'm going to be exactly the same now, just been so hot for days guess I got used to that style of driving like an idiot

Yeh in the hot I have been putting her into corners quite hard. Aquaplaning is not fun. Can happen on motorways in standing water, so I will be driving like a complete grandma unless it's bone dry.

Yeh in the hot I have been putting her into corners quite hard. Aquaplaning is not fun. Can happen on motorways in standing water, so I will be driving like a complete grandma unless it's bone dry.

Same, thats the road I take to go to Jess' and in the dry you can actually hit that roundabout onto junction hard and its fine, done it hundreds of times but today it went and just glad I held it. Think (as stupid as this sounds) computer racing games help quite a lot in them situations lol

Jess after she got over the shock actually said to me, 'as we where sideways I shut my eyes and thought this is going to be expensive' lol bless her, knows I'm redundant and even thinks about that as where sideways, my first thought was shit where going to die

I had exactly the same problem last July - discovered a deisel spill exiting a roundabout in light rain at 34mph :(

Laid unconcious in the wreckage for nearly an hour (my head went through the side window), woke up with emergency services cutting the roof off.

I was a bad day.

Glad to see you are all OK though, they are terrible in the wet though - arn't they !

Same, thats the road I take to go to Jess' and in the dry you can actually hit that roundabout onto junction hard and its fine, done it hundreds of times but today it went and just glad I held it.

When roundabouts are clear, they are great fun in 3rd :)

Think (as stupid as this sounds) computer racing games help quite a lot in them situations lol

Agreed. A lot to be said for realistic games.

I had exactly the same problem last July - discovered a deisel spill exiting a roundabout in light rain at 34mph :(

Laid unconcious in the wreckage for nearly an hour (my head went through the side window), woke up with emergency services cutting the roof off.

I was a bad day.

Glad to see you are all OK though, they are terrible in the wet though - arn't they !

Christ.