The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What will happen when the MK5 supra comes on sale !!!!!

j1mb0b1

Its not really a Supra though is it. More of a Celica replacement.

The LFA (if it ever goes on sale) is more of a spiritual successor to the MkIV, but at around £100k I cant see droves of MkIV owners dumping them off and buying the LFA. Not when the wanted section is full of requests for second hand window wipers and cigarette lighters. Controversial perhaps, but a sound theory nonetheless.

What will happen to our supra prices when if the Mk5 comes on sale

Small correction. :)

If they make a mk5, it would depend how well-received it is. The mk4 is a well-respected car in terms of reliability and tuneability, and its value is already way off its peak, so I won't be losing much sleep. :)

The MK5 from the spy shots and hybrid information, as mentioned, doesn't sound like a 'natural' sucessor to the MK4. The figures etc suggest good performance, but I'd say nothing different over a stock TT.

I for one will not be loosing any sleep over it.

When the MkV Supra goes on sale, Satan will be trying out a pair of ice skates.

:yeahthat:

The MK5 from the spy shots and hybrid information, as mentioned, doesn't sound like a 'natural' sucessor to the MK4.

I'm so confused!!

Are we talking about the FT-HS here or what? Cos that's not a MKV Supra, it's not supposed to be, never was intended to be, never been marketed as, mentioned as, or even hinted in the same sentence as the Supra by Toyota. It's been suggested it may be something of a successor to the Celica but it's not even supposed to be one of those. It's a new line. New Car. New type. It's NEW!!! Like the iQ, it hasn't got a predecessor.

Or are we talking about the LF-A? Cos that's a Lexus, so it can't possibly be anything to do with the Supra. Also, it's a Supercar, and yes I know the Supra was £40k odd when it was new but it's still like comparing a BMW M3 to a Ferrari 360. The Supra line is dead, live with it.

:thumbs:

Oh don't get me wrong I love the MKIV like the rest of us, it's an awesome car and will be for a long time. I also have a place for the MKIII as that was an awesome car for a long time as well. But I'm not creaming my pants over some dream that Toyota will resurrect the Phoenix for the sake of sentimentality, all they want is money and a few breed-specific fans won't bring enough to warrant a MKV. Maybe in 20 years when it's an icon of some kind they'll relaunch it, and I guess it'll look similar to what it does now, but there is NO MKV ON THE WAY at the moment.

What will happen to our supra prices when the Mk5 comes on sale will they rise as they are classics or fall, Will they been seen as outcasts and forever lay in the shadow of the MK5.

Will our supras just die of a silent death. ??

Same as happened with the mk3 - the old and obsolete will plumet in value and desirability. The die-hards will hold on until the bitter end. People will come to view the updated looks as being the norm and eventually anyone seeing a mk4 will think "crikey that looks dated". After about 30 years, the 90's look will considered retro, and they'll be cool again - original condition cars will fetch a mint, chavved/modded/kitted cars will be bought as restoration projects.

Hope that helps.

Same as happened with the mk3 - the old and obsolete will plumet in value and desirability. The die-hards will hold on until the bitter end. People will come to view the updated looks as being the norm and eventually anyone seeing a mk4 will think "crikey that looks dated". After about 30 years, the 90's look will considered retro, and they'll be cool again - original condition cars will fetch a mint, chavved/modded/kitted cars will be bought as restoration projects.

Hope that helps.

Yup I think it has :)

When the mkV comes out, you'll be able to get a jet-pack conversion for a mkIV NA. The mkIV TT owners will scoff though, pointing to their World Government-funded conversions that took place in 2218 in an attempt to get ground-based cars off the crowded surface of Mars.