The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi to all

sams

i would like to say hi to everyone, im a fellow fan of the mk4 supra and will own one shortly im 20 and looking to start at the bottom i found insurance company and that so next is to find the car i want a supra fo years but thought i be waiting till my 30's till could afford the insurance but had a shock when i asked, so now im looking in to it and getting myself on the forums so i can get fully clued up, thanks guys

Howdy.

Make sure you're getting a quote on a mkiv Supra, because some of these insurance companies get it very wrong and quote on a mkiii. It's all good until you have to claim and they tell you your insurance is invalid.

Good luck with the search, and if all else fails your insurance will drop once you hit 21 :)

Howdy.

Make sure you're getting a quote on a mkiv Supra, because some of these insurance companies get it very wrong and quote on a mkiii. It's all good until you have to claim and they tell you your insurance is invalid.

Good luck with the search, and if all else fails your insurance will drop once you hit 21 :)

i have checked i got them to quote me on a 96 n reg import so i cant see them to have got it far wrong, they only want £300 more from my impreza

Hello matey

Weve so much in common!

Lincolnshirians

and

I had an impreza at 20, then changed to a TT6 at 21! You wont regret it, but make sure you go easy!

What impreza you got now?

But im back with a scooby again now : )

Hello matey

Weve so much in common!

Lincolnshirians

and

I had an impreza at 20, then changed to a TT6 at 21! You wont regret it, but make sure you go easy!

What impreza you got now?

But im back with a scooby again now : )

i got an sti replica sport as i could not afford the insurance on a proper wrx or sti as i got 6 points on my licence but when they told me i can have my dream car at 300quid more i started looking, power is no problem for me i had an mg zr with a 1.4 turbod race engine on acceleration i found nothing to keep but when someone dicided to cut a corner on coming and hit me bye bye mg lol

i got an sti replica sport as i could not afford the insurance on a proper wrx or sti as i got 6 points on my licence but when they told me i can have my dream car at 300quid more i started looking, power is no problem for me i had an mg zr with a 1.4 turbod race engine on acceleration i found nothing to keep but when someone dicided to cut a corner on coming and hit me bye bye mg lol

I too came from a Sport as you can see in my Signature,

Look into clasic car insurnace for the Supra, and look for a TT6, it cost me not that much over 1600 as far as i can remember? Lancaster i think it was. Dont know if anythings changed though in regards to driver age for classic insurnace with them but most people have changed it now.

A turboed fwd car is alot different to a 300bhp twin turbo RWD boat (sized) of a car like the Supra. So think your choice out carefully

Admittedly i got rid after i discovered that (just checked i was actually 19 at the time) that 300bhp rwd at 19 in the wet/snow was a bit too much of an early coffin tease for me.

Best of luck

Edited by DannyB (see edit history)

I too came from a Sport as you cna see in my Signature,

Look into clasic car insurnace for the Supra, and look for a TT6, it cost me not that much over 1600 as far as i can remember? Lancaster i think it was. Dont know if anythings changed though in regards to driver age for classic insurnace with them but most people have changed it now.

A turboed fwd car is alot different to a 300bhp twin turbo RWD boat (sized) of a car like the Supra. So think your choice out carefully

Admittedly i got rid after i discovered that (just checked i was actually 19 at the time) that 300bhp rwd at 19 in the wet/snow was a bit too much of an early coffin tease for me.

Best of luck

i only looking at a na for now around a 95reg to start with then in a few years an aero top

i only looking at a na for now around a 95reg to start with then in a few years an aero top

I got my N/A at 20, 22 now and hoping to get a TT aerotop within the next year so your following in gods footsteps :D

Welcome anyway.