The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what type of supra?

turton89

RZ is just a model of the TT (J-Spec).

Insurance wise you may not find there is much difference between an N/A (SZ) and a TT (RZ), UK Auto will maybe be your cheapest option in insurance.

Running costs the TT will be more but again not by a massive amount. But one thing to be mindful of is if running costs are important to you then choose something else.

Regarding comment by jamesmark:

I have to disagree there about the insurance. Non turbo (sz) is generally a fair bit cheaper to insure than the twin turbo (RZ and GZ) models.

So given this definantly the SZ model is the one for you mate, both insurance costs, it also enanble you to break yourself gently into fast rwd cars.

I have to disagree there about the insurance. Non turbo (sz) is generally a fair bit cheaper to insure than the twin turbo (RZ and GZ) models.

So given this definantly the SZ model is the one for you mate, both insurance costs, it also enanble you to break yourself gently into fast rwd cars.

That is why I said may! Insurance is a black hole with no set rules from a consumers point of view. The SZ might have been cheaper for you but Mr J Bloggs somewhere else might only have to pay an extra £100 for a TT. There are too many variables in insurance.

There is also a lot of threads that generally comment on how close SZ and TT's (excl UK) are to insure.

Guest SupraTroopa

Im 21 and drive a J spec TT6 and insurance is still cheapy for me (i pay under £900 a year fully comp) and I got quoted with a SZ manual for about £60 cheaper. I found it depends a lot on my postcode etc as even my mates postcode down the road from me was £200 more because I live in a cul-de-sac and he lives next to a main road. I live in a quiet country village with not a lot around and almost nil crime rate so insurance companies have always tended to be favourable to me.

Petrol consumption isn't too bad, but then again I went from my MKIII supra which was returning about 17-20 mpg so my MKIV returning 28mpg on some journeys was a breath of fresh air.

If you take advice from the forum and take your time picking the right car, you could end up with a winner and not need to spend much money on it at all apart from fuel, tax and insurance.

Good luck and welcome

Nope, not always, i was quoted almost £80 more for an SZ over my RZ-S (both manual)

Insurance varies from person to person for many reasons, so you're best option is to phone around for some quotes to see what they are like for you.

As for the cheapest to run, a 3.0 N/A will be the cheapest. You won't have to worry about turbo issues, some consumable parts like brakes etc will be cheaper.

Insurance varies from person to person for many reasons, so you're best option is to phone around for some quotes to see what they are like for you.

Couldnt agree more!

There is always a big debate on what is cheaper and with who and on what car! Your best idea like DSK has said is to phone around a get a few quotes ;)

well i still have a few years to wait so there isnt really a big worry about it however im 100% obsessed with this car and i need to have a tour around one xD as the only time i see them is on the motorway and i cant exactly check it out. ive seen only 2!! parked up, ive got photos of these which ill post in the other forum for that recognition thing to see if its anybody on this website.