The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i joined for help!

Guest DC5MATT

Guest DC5MATT

Hi guys,

My names matt, i joined today because i will really need your help over the next few months..

To give you an outline, my bro has adandoned his jspec? imported TT and left it parked for over a year. The car runs sound but he has lost interest for the car :( TBH he never has had the botheredness or commitment neeeded to keep a car right!

SOOooo i'm taking the project on so iit doesn't rot to waste, i'm sure it could be a nice one!

Basically i'm looking to tidy up the exterior (read "put to near standard) and clean up the interior. So we can either sell this on or use as a weekend car next summer.

The car is a little Fast and Furious, not really my cuppa so ALL add ons will be up for grabs, peanuts.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v134/9/92/513970684/n513970684_276360_5588.jpg

This is where you can help, i ideally wanna swap the aftermarket parts for std items. Also what parts do you guys wanna give away? swap or sell dirt cheap.

Help me out, i promise to visit the forum often and maybe show at a meet or 2 if i get it up to a decent standard.

please be kind guys :innocent:

Edited by DC5MATT (see edit history)

Welcome aboard, join for the help but stay for the fun... or something...

Anyway I'm sure people will jump at the chance to swap standard bits for aftermarket ones but you might need to sign up as a proper member and advertise in the proper for sale / wanted sections.

Info here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=82442

It's only a small fee and if you get all the bits you need and plenty of help it's worth it :)

Any pics of the car you want to rescue?

Edit now the pic is there: Skirts will be in demand, wheels look nice enough, bumper and wing won't be as popular but someone is bound to like them :)

Edited by michael (see edit history)

Guest DC5MATT

micheal - i will join up as soon as i start this for real :) pic above is actual car.

martini - plan is for standard front bumper, skirts, rear bumper and NO spoiler, or standard item, standard rims although not sure on specs i should have?

i will swap any of these parts for stock.

thanks for the quick replies already guys! :)

Guest DC5MATT

PMs replied to ALREADY! :)

bradley - wheels will be forsale although prepare yourself for a refurb they won't be great.

I didn't expect this much interest tbh. i'll go get some better pics and some clear info on the parts for you guys tonight.

I know i will haveto join up to trade or ask for parts properly so don't wanna upset mods before i start. Please PM interest/info until then.

thanks again lads, Matt.

PMs replied to ALREADY! :)

bradley - wheels will be forsale although prepare yourself for a refurb they won't be great.

I didn't expect this much interest tbh. i'll go get some better pics and some clear info on the parts for you guys tonight.

I know i will haveto join up to trade or ask for parts properly so don't wanna upset mods before i start. Please PM interest/info until then.

thanks again lads, Matt.

Trading without membership is frowned upon....(even over PM)

Guest DC5MATT

gav - i intend to join, just didn't epect the interest so quick. sorry

more pics, info and FULL membership later tonight.

thanks for the great welcome chaps!

• 9 months later...