The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo timer. good or evil

dr_jekyll

im beginning to question the value and function of haveing a turbo timer.

if the car is left idleing after a hard drive the the turbo is not spinning at any real speed so the oil will not be draing through efficiently . So hot oil is backing up into the turbo witch cant be good for the oil seals .

is ther any truth in my thaughts or am i just inveting reasons to why my turbo seals have gone

It's been discussed again and again mate... more recently here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=189005

Personally I don't like them, I see them as expensive egg timers wired up in the ignition.

Keep an eye on oil temps and keep off boost while you drive 5 min before you cut your engine.

Done :)

pretty mutch what i was thinking, out it comes

Security risk is the main disadvantage IMO. My alarm system has one built in so i think that makes it a LITTLE bit more secure. The wire in ones can be fiddled with though.

As has been said countless times though, 2 mins off of boost does the job just as well, maybe even better.